Elevation Issues With Addon CYEG

Rowcoach

Evening all,

I am running FSX, NRM, PNW, and NA OpenLC. 

I'm attempting to install an ADEX file for Edmonton that I found on Avsim. I have removed the airport and object bgl's, but kept the CVX file. 

When I go to the airport, I find most of the runway and airport are in a canyon. When I first checked, AEC already was deactivated for CYEG. 

I have tried alternatively activating and deactivating CYEG through AEC. I have tried both removing and renaming the elevation_adjustment file. No combination has worked. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Colin Gray

I may be incorrect here but i believe that most cvx files in an airport addon contain terrain details. You could try a test by removing the cvx and see what happens.

I say this because there was a recent post regarding the elevation causing water cliffs at Entebbe HUEN

Nick created a fix for this and posted his fix as a file. It then became an addon to add to the library. It fixed the situation for me and the OP. However i then followed up and found a freeware more detailed version of HUEN and installed that. The plateau returned. I then tinkered and kept the freeware AFX bgl which gives the afcad etc of the airport but then removed the cvx file and replaced it with the copy that was in Nick's fix. The result was that I now have a more detailed Entebbe HUEN and no plateau. It therefore seems reasonable that it was the cvx file's terrain detail that was causing the plateau in the freeware.

Thanks for the response. Not sure why I kept the CVX file where it was. I think I read somewhere when using UK2000 scenery with ORBX, it was the ADEX and object files that needed to be removed. 

I think ive solved my issue. Turns out I was looking at the wrong elevation correction file. There are two - at least I had two. One in the orbx_scripts_customna_off file, and the other in scenery/word/scenery folder. Remove the latter and then turn ADE for CYEG off. All should be good. 

Archived