Trees On Airfield EGLK In Both FSX and P3D v3.4

GAJ52

I have Googled this but can't find a problem related to Blackbushe EGLK.  Using the latest versions of FTX Global Base Pack, Vector and openLC Europe according to FTX Central 3, I am getting trees on most of the airfield at Blackbushe i.e. taxiways and runways on both FSX SP2 and Prepar3D v3.4.

In the past I have used EU England or UK2000 on FSX only, so didn't notice this problem before,  but I'm trying to cut down on some VAS issues so have disabled EU England and UK2000.

As Blackbushe is my 'home' GA airfield, the trees are rather annoying.

Oops I didn't realise I asked the same question last year, however I have gone into FTX Central 3, Settings and Library Insertion Point and found FTX at the top of the list.  Using FTX Central 2 last year I found moving FTX to the top of the list cured the problem.  This time FTX is already at the top of the list but I still have the trees ?

I don't know if ORBX has recently changed the file structure but I can't find a FTX_GLOBAL folder within the FSX/ORBX folder as in FSX\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery, so can't look for duplicate airfields.

There is a fix coming soon for something else which seems to work here.

It is to be released with the next library version.

2017_3_18_11_28_7_956.jpg

If the intention is to save VAS, I would be inclined to look elsewhere than EU England

2017_3_18_11_31_23_115.jpg

Perhaps reduce the amount of autogen

2017_3_18_11_37_14_764.jpg

as there do seem to be many more trees around it than there were in 2013

Untitled.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the further info Nick, sorry I haven't been on the forum for about a week so missed your last reply.

I have to agree about the trees - far too many, the land on the other side of the A30 is mainly army training 'heath' land not a forest ?

I'll give the Autogen a try

Archived