Installation Problems EU England

Hello,

I am on windows 10 (not upgrade) with FSX SE,I just installed ORBX and now FSX SE will not run at all, the opening page appears with the various menus but when I hit Fly Now I get a page up showing a/c in crash then a constant loop of scenery/textures etc loading, but returns to "CRASHED BANNER" AT TOP OF PAGE and graphic of a/c crashed in a building?

This has never happened before today when I downloaded the S/W

I have AS16, FSX Rex 4 Textures, Rex Essentials plus Overdrive & GEX Ground Environment -Europe installed as add-ons 

Can You Advise should I delet ORBX and reinstall, incidentally I never got the control panel I expected with the switch "FTX Central" that allows user to switch between FTX Regions or FSX Default Scenery?

Thanks

Charlie (UK)

FTX Central 3.lnk

Capture.JPG

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Either:  go to your settings page and turn off crash detection

Or: Try selecting a default flight somewhere else.

Or: If you can't, open your fsx.cfg file with notepad and delete everything after the = in

SITUATION= and save it.

This will cause the simulator to start with the default flight and you can go from there.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Nick,

As I think I advised I am pretty new to Flt Sim , I have FSX SE on Windows 10, I was looking at the user manual for EU Scotland and I read again "you may want to use FTX Central to switch  to the default region when flying outside the EU SCO with GEX in different parts of the world"

Am I correct this switch no longer exists in the version of orbx I have?

I realise GEX is another publishers product but can I still use it?

Another question I have is, I was going to purchase FTX Global BASE pack but I noticed in compatibility that I need FTX Central v3 (I have) and Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5 or higher, I am Windows 10 (not an upgrade) with FSX SE, should I or would I need to download Microsoft.NET Framework4.5, how would I find this on my system, i did a search but do not find it but am worried if I download it from the internet it may adversely effect my set up with FSX SE and al that add ons I have on suchAS16, Rex Essentials Rex 4 Textures direct etc etc? Sorry if these questions are "stupid"

Any help much appreciated

Charlie  

Hello Charlie,

Yes, the reference to the switch is indeed redundant.

If FTX Central v3 is working, you must have the Microsoft .net framework in working order.

GEX does the same as FTX Global Base, they are totally incompatible, you must use one or the other

as their files overwrite each other.

Archived