FTX Central Help for new PC please

slod

Apologies if I've missed this one - I have searched the forum.

I've been using FTX Central 3 successfully since it's launch but have just bought a new PC and seem to be struggling.

I followed the instructions in Nick C's post as I have a lot of scenery and poor internet.

The new PC has P3D installed on a separate drive from the OS.  The problem is this, when I load FTX Central I get the 'choose simulator' dialogue but there is no sim to choose.  When I close the dialogue FTXC closes.

Any ideas how I can get it to 'find' P3D?  Apologies if I've missed something.  I'm using the latest version of FTX Central from the main page.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Probably you have no P3D registry entry.

You can use the FTX Registry fix tool to make one but it doesn't work unless FTX Central v2 is installed.

You will need to delete the C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx folder and then use this installer to

install FTX Central v2.

You will then find the Registry Fix tool in your new C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx folder.

Use it to set a registry entry for wherever you have put P3D.

DO NOT run FTX Central v2. 

To return to FTX Central v3, delete the C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx folder again and install

FTX Central v3 again from one of the many links at the Orbx Direct site.

Hi Nick,

The message I'm getting when running the Registry Fix tool is along the lines of 'Registry Fix Tool cannot locate a simulator, try running FTX Central 2 at least once'

What do you reckon?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Nick,

That seems to have done it.  FTX 2 asked for location so did it that way.  FTX 3 now running so hopefully I won't have to trouble you again.

Thanks for your swift respose!

Cheers

Steve

Archived