ORBX scenery installed but not displaying in P3D V3

peter51

Good morning support. I cannot get my Orbx Australian scenery to work with P3DV3.

I have P3DV3 and the PMDG 737NG. I purchased Orbx Australia from FSS late last year - never installed it. Today I made the license transfer- FSS0529081 successfully- downloaded FTX central 3 which downloaded  a new copy of the Australian scenery.I installed this new copy using FTX and I received the "successfully instaled" message.

I restarted the PC and opened P3D to find I still have the default scenery for Australia - I started the SIM in Melbourne Australia. Whithin P3D I opened the scenery option and there are 13 Orbx files sitting at the top of the list. I unticked the AUST scenery - which I assume is the default P3D - and still no change.

When I navigate to the P3D root folder I can see the Orbx files are there in their own separate folder - should that folder be in the scenery folder which is located on the same level as the Orbx files.

Thanks anyone.

Hi Doug,

Thank you, however when I activated my license transfer, FTX downloaded a  new file and autimatically installed the new file. It didn't ask for the old zip file - just began a new download.

So I can only assume that I have the new files.

Should the ORBX folder be inside the scenery folder of P3D, because right now its in a folder of its own sitting one level under the root directory.

Peter

Hi Peter

The Orbx folder should be in your root P3D folder, so it sounds like it is in the right location, but I would still recommend, going into the FTX Global range of products in FTXC3 and click on the Orbx Libraries box and ensure they are installed and up to date.

That looks like the ticket. The FTX Global Range> Orbx libraries was displayed as not installed.

The readme file that came with Australian scenery makes no mention of checking this libray is also installed.

Could the readme PDF be updated with thise instructions - or did I miss the obvious?

Ill report back shortly when downloading finishes.

Are you familiar with P3D - do I need to untick any default scenery whilst in the application? I am much more familar with xplane10.

Thanks

Peter

No, do not untick any scenery entries in the scenery library.

There should have been a blue notification above the setting button in FTXC3 to notify of the Library update? But I do agree that there could be additional notifications and directions in the readme's. :)

On 3/11/2017 at 9:38 PM, peter51 said:

Sorry to report but there is still only generic scenery. I tried both Sydney and Melbourne.

Any other possibilities to try?

Peter

Hi Peter

Could you also please post a couple screenshots?

Archived