Strange winter "squarish" textures

G-YMML

It is a bit hard to see given the altitude of the screenshot whether or not your issue is snow boundaries as in Doug's link, or another issue.

Could you post another screenshot from a lower altitude and with less cloud cover?

I certainly will.

I wanna give you some background however first. I have all FTX Global products and I reinstalled recently everything from the scratch with FT Central v3.0 (i.e. no migration pain was involved). Then, I decided to buy FTX Australia and  (FT Vector option "I have ORBX Australia" checked) and started to noticed funny square textures especially in the areas with standard land class. 

Since FTX Australia is ORBX first product released way before Global/Vector, isn't that possible that it ruined/overwrote various landclass *bgl files previously installed with Vector/Global combo? 

Thanks Doug for your continuous help

1. Why should I do that if there was no migration per se from FTXC2 to FTXC3 as FTCX3 was installed on a fresh P3D v3.4.9 installation?

2. What "Force Migration"  actually does? What precautions should I made in order to destroy the order of sceneries, textures and LCs?

Thanks

Dmitriy

Here is a link that explains the history and reason for migration, and if your Australia is using a different style lclook.bgl file system then it will need to be migrated, this is why the Force Migration option has been added to the new FTXC3. Before you run the Force Migration you can go to your P3D\Orbx\Trouble Shooter folder and run the MigrationTroubleShooter.exe to confirm that it is or is not required.

Archived