OOM PROBLEM

Just purchased ESSA Arlanda Sweden Airport and I have OOM problem. Have a very strong pc and please help if there is a solution to this. When I open a second view window in multi monitor I get the Out of Memory warning and the Fsx shuts down.

Please Advise if anything to fix this,

thank you

Hey Georgios!

Sorry to here about the OOM issues. The strength of your computer does not affect that though, it's a limitation to the simulator itself. If you run FTX ESSA, with high graphic settings in the sim or have memory intense addons such as PMDG aircrafts or FTX Vector, it's quite easy to reach OOM. I would recommend you to open FTX Central and turn off some settings for Arlanda that will release more memory. You can also turn down some settings in the simulator, such as Level of detail distance, or autogen. OOM is a very normal issue for FSX and the only solution is to decrease the memory consumption through using lighter texture packs, lighter addons and/or turn down the settings a notch in the simulator.

So my recommendation is to start looking at unticking some options in FTX Central for ESSA,  and/or decreasing some settings in the graphics settings in the simulator and have a look at other addons running if their memory consumption can be lowered. Worst case scenerio you can install low-restextures for Arlanda which will save you memory but will decrease quality.

Here is how to do that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iapqkul64w3fhp3/essa_1024.rar?dl=0

Install instructions:

1. Unzip the content to a temporary folder.

2. Take the content of the "1024" folder and copy paste into FSX/ORBX/FTX_Global/FTX_AA_ESSA/Texture

3. Press "Yes" when asked to replace files.

This will downsize all textures in the scenery from mainly 2048 textures to 1024 or less, and will save you lot's of VAS.

To go back to the original texture set, just reinstall the scenery.

Hope this will help! Let me know if there are any issues.

Archived