Error message

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem when opening the vector configurator. I'm using FSX-SE.

My registry is set up with the default location that steam creates in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX

I don't want to mess around with the registry fix tool, since last time I used it, FTXCv3 started prompting me to choose a simulator every time I started it up and I have to remove and reinstall FSX to fix it. It would be great if there was a config xml or something I can edit to point the configurator to the right registry key.

Running the FSXSEConfig.exe in the fsx install folder in steam folder seems to have fixed the issue.

Edit: well it fixed not being able to run the vector configurator, but now ftxcv3 is back to prompting me to select a sim every time it starts. Probably better this way.

I'm getting the same issue and my FSXSEConfig.exe won't even run, even as administrator. I had to go into the individual .JSON files and edit which folders they were looking in to even get FTXCv3 to run without instantly crashing. I'm at the end of my ropes with ORBX. 

Probably what is the cause of these problems is trying to run FSX-SE as the Steam Edition

when it is the only FSX version installed.

Much better to use a registry tool to remove the FSX-SE entry and set FSX-SE as FSX, using the

FSX registry entry.

The FSX-SE part of FTX Central was only ever designed for when both are installed.

At the top of the FTX Steam Edition support forums are topics designed to help achieve this.

I have moved this topic to that forum, as the error is not to do with FTX Vector.

Archived