Flight controls ?

Doc44kin

Hi all,being a rev head as well as a flight simmer,I have been trying to use my G25 pedals with a  X3d joystick,I can enable the wheel brakes to use the pedals no problem,which is handy,but i'm not having any luck in using them for rudder etc,has anyone had any success?,both controllers are Logitech,Doc.......

Maybe you should try a registered version of FSUIPC.

In that you can map all axii (is that the plural of axes?).

I have removed all allocations if FSX and only use the mapping in FSUIPC as I now have a better deadzone and my throttle now has a reverser for my 747 flights.

I use Saitek pedals...

Good Luck,

AlexB

FSUIPC 4 is what you need for FSX worth the purchase it includes wideclient 7.

it is one of the most important items you need it allows you to link other computers to fsx via a network IE i use Project Magenta display software on my network computers. 1 computer controls my 737 overhead panel 1 computer for my PFD ND EICAS and one for CDU. There is no limit after your purchase you can do so much. Just one purchase required.

Not only can you do that but as mentioned above all axis and buttons and switches can be mapped easy. it also has a weather conrol feature that allows you to add greater realistic enhancements like icing in cloud, turbulance and pressure increases.

FSUIPC is more then just another tool for FS it is a vital link for all your needs to be sorted in one little program.

Well done Pete Dawson!

A long time ago I experimented with this using an old Momo wheel and got it working O.K. This was without touching anything in FSUIPC so I can't see why a G25 wouldn't work either. I can't remember exactly what I had to do to set it all up.  I do remember that because the wheel has to be connected as the pedals plug into the wheel unit that in the controller assignment screen I had to select the wheel then deselect the pitch & roll axis from being assigned to the wheel, obviously you set the pedals up for yaw axis and I think I had to reverse the axis otherwise I had to keep them pressed all the time. Also I don't think I could set the toe brakes if the pedals were set to the yaw axis, the pedals can only perform one function at a time.  Also remember to go back to your joystick settings and remove the assignment for the yaw axis. Hopefully that gives you something to start with.

i have the logitech driving force gt , its designed for playstation 3 but then they made drivers for pc , if the G25 has the same config menus in the advanced section u will find a check box saying use pedals together or something along those lines, that will allow u to set 2 pedals as 1 axis accelirator is + and brake is - if that doesnt work u might be able to use the logitech profiler software and assign a key press to the pedals.

regards

Jones.

Crikey,how good is this forum!,again many thanks to you all,and I discovered that I already had FSUIPC on board in "Flight Commamder",which I have installed but not used so far,there

are never enough hours in a day! to do even half the things I want to do,anyway it looks like I would have to send a unspecified amount of EuroDollars to get a "registered" copy to get more software to configure the controllers!!!,anyway with a bit more tinkering and Flinty72 and Jones help,i'm sure i'll get them working,there's nothing like a challenge!

Doc......

+1 for FSUIPC it's great.  It even allows you to map your control differently for aircraft.   I'd love it to be able to also do it by aircraft type (1 prop, 2 prop, 2 engine, 4 engine, etc)

Well worth the money.

I use a CH Flight Yoke with CH Pedals and a Sietek Throttle.  I had a problem once with my pedals.  Had to take them apart to fix the problem.  Took me ages to figure out how to put it back together!!!

Through FSUIPC, I have the throttles on the CH Yoke mapped to flaps, speedbrake and gear.

I went for the Seitek for throttle as I'll be getting another one sometime later this year and putting the 2 together. :)

[img height=120 width=120]http://www.fspilotshop.com/userimages/1800926675throttle.jpg

NOte you can change the colours around. :)  Originally I was disappointed with the throttle as the black piece kept falling off.  About a month later I realised I could snap it in place!   RTFM?!!

Cheers,

Matt.

If you download the SDK for FSUIPC you will see that you can allocate programming based on individual aircraft or even a group of similar aeroplanes.

If you like to mess around with it you can save your configs and then assign them to each aircraft. As you load the aircraft it allocates the correct config.

Check out Pete's forums on avsim for more great info.

Fly High and true.

AlexB

Any time I've tried to use FSUIPC to map functions it has either screwed FSX/FS( or the Controler profile.

Now If you want to do what I think your trying to do then I suggest you actually use the Logitec Profiler and assign functions via it and ALWAYS launch FSX from the Profiler when using the g25.

Don't use a common axis for the pedals and you should be able to use Acceleratior for right rudder, Clutch for left rudder and the Brake as a brake.

Left and right paddles could be used for up and down trim or elevator etc.

Maurice,

The trick with FSUIPC is to remove all the profilers and drivers that control what is assigned to which axes/button/switch.

You can perform all calibration and assignments through FSUIPC.

I had a simialr problem as you mentioned until I read on a forum about removing proprietry profilers.

Now I can map anything to anywhere and have never had a problem since.

As I build more panels they can also get mapped/assigned in FSUIPC and I only need to load FSX to have all my gear firing.

Cheers,

AlexB

You could always dual boot two versions of the same O?S and have one exclusively for FSX... No overheads with other apps/services and frame rates to die for in Win7 x64.

A new topic released on technet shows how to install a bootable Windows 7 virtual machine (VHD).

I might give that a go and see what the performance differences are.

I have dual Windows 7 boots now. One for all my office and burning apps and one for FSX...

Happy flying.

Thanks agn for all the information,great stuff,I did get the pedals working fine with the X3d joystick,but I could not addjust the operation fine enough for rudder control,its just too

fast!,anyway the X3d is fine for the limited amount of flying that I do,I do a lot of wildlife photography,im also quite involved in Amateur radio satellite operation,rare plant study,etc,

so flying time is very limited,especially now spring is here!  cheers,Doc........

Archived