Problem installing ORBX scenery

BizzyB

I am having problems re-installing ORBX Scenery (at this stage Australia ) for FSX on a new laptop, running Windows 10

I have installed FSX plus Acceleration from the 3 relevant DVD's (Original Microsoft ), and the Acceleration Missions work OK.

I have then installed ORBX Au via FTX Central 3, which says that it has installed and updated successfully, but when I run FSX, the scenery is completely unusable - large, sharp-edged areas of blue water where none should be and which change apparently at random as the simulation continues  and the underlying scenery is nothing like that which I have on an old computer(running W7) which has not been updated to FTX3 (last installation was with FTX Central 2 ).

I have tried to re-do the installation several times with the same result.

I suspect that the problem might be with the Registry - does regedit work with FTX Central 3 /W10 ?

TIA

BizzyB

Assuming you have a fresh FSX install and only FTX AU installed based on your post.

Did you run the Migration programme?

Did you install orbxlibs?

Central 3 and Regedit? Don't understand the question as Regedit is within Windows and nothing to do with Orbx Central 3. Are you referring to the Registry Fix tool rather than RegEdit? If you are then it does work as I have used it. There is an outside source for the tool but in my case I noticed that when I updated from Central 2 to Central 3 a "backup" file was created in the Scripts folder. It is called ftxc2_localdata. In that file there is a copy of RegistryFixTool. I don't know if you still have central2 if you do you could copy it over to your new Laptop.

I don't think that your problem relates to the Registry though.

Thank for your reply jjaycee1.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but the first few times I tried to login, my details were not accepted.

To answer your questions:

Yes I ran the Migration program; Yes I installed Orbx libs

I did mean registry fix.

On further reflection, I think it may be a scenery library problem; I will try to do the library insertion process.

Thanks again for your help

BizzyB

Archived