scenery morphing

briangm47

All my Orbx scenery is badly affected by scenery morphing with the usual  random textures everywhere, land where sea should be etc. I am aware that other posts have asked this question but I have attempted several times to follow your suggestions to no avail.

The problem has arisen following my move from Windows 7 to 10 and moving from my dvd based Flight Simulator to the Steam Edition. FSX SE works fine and is located on my second hard disk at E:Steam Library/steamapps/common/FSX. The Orbx folder is contained within the FSX folder. All my ORBX scenery areas are similarly affected. I have focused on the terrain.cfg file as suggested by you and attempted to 'refresh' this. Despite trying several times to follow your instructions I have not solved the problem. I have your downloaded version of terrain.cfg installed but seem to have lost my original (presumably corrupted) one. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Orbx scenery files.

Can you  help as for me flying without Orbs scenery just does not cut the mustard?

Brian Mitchell

info on purchases below apologies if not in correct format but I have mislaid the instructions re insertion into signature etc

Your transaction ID is 58a09e175a602.

NZ South Island FSS0146927
NZMF Milford Sound Airport FSS0198152
EU England FSS0189179
EU Norway FSS0348222
EU Scotland FSS0220828
NA Pacific Fjords FSS0084124
NA Pacific Northwest FSS0055475
7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks Airpark FSS0060543

I am assuming you have done all the basics as this would be a new install of a new FSX version (SE) on a new OS(Windows 10).

How did you install the addons?

Did you do the required Migration?

Do you use Central v3?

Did you install orbxlibs?

Did you set your scenery library insertion points using Central to do that and then Saved?

Answer the above questions and we can go from there. I assure you it is not a Sim or Orbx problem but something quite basic like an installation error or incomplete installation follow up process etc.

thanks, I am in the process of doing a reinstall and had come to the conclusion that somewhere along the line I had not done it properly - I don't think I can answer a definite 'yes' to all those points so will attempt to do it properly and get back to you if there are problems.

many thanks, just flown in some perfect south England landscape (what a good job you guys did there). Sorry I guess with all the changes I was making I simply failed to do some of the basic things in the installation process. Issue resolved as far as I can see.

Archived