And FSX becomes FS11

raveyman

Hi all,

I had the joy of my PC corrupting the day before FTX was released so have had a frustrating few weeks and am now back on track. I purchased and installed FTX yesterday and ....wow.

Usually developer's shots are taken in the best possible light and I felt that if FTX was 75% in reality to the pre-release demos, I would be content. But, flying over Hobart this morning just blew me away. I have always preferred large jets simming, partly because I never felt the graphics in FS did VFR flying justice. FSX improved on this significantly, but still, I always thought that until PCs can populate the landscape full of a variety of autogen, it just isnt good enough. However, for the first time ever, I found myself quite happily trawling the coastlines at 3000ft, just looking around and enjoying the scenery.

With FEX installed as well, it truly looks magnificent and runs very smoothly indeed. (Also, a big nod to Holger for his awesome mesh which is the icing on the cake).

John and the FTX crew, its truly a first class product, and your customer service rocks. Will be definately in line for your next releases with credit card ready. And pleeeeease consider NZ as one of your next projects - taking my Level D B767 across from Sydney to Queenstown with FEX beneath me would be tops.

Gotta go....got some serious flight time to do.

ravey

Well I have to say that I agree. FTX is the best scenery package yet. I'll even grudgingly admit that it is better than photo-real scenery, even top of the line stuff like Horizon's UK scenery. I find myself flying with FTX in preference to Horizon's massive 9 DVD package (which is currently getting a >60 GB -gigabyte!- water mask update). It is a great achievement to produce a better scenery with a fraction of the data at a fraction of the cost.

Cheers,

Noel.

yea, know the feeling.  I have spent more time in the glider since ftx came out that I have since I got FSX.  Even take up the power glider up and never want to leave.  Only problem is that its really cutting into my sleeping time.  ::)

Archived