ORBXLIBS issue with P3D

StarBlue

Orbx / Ben,

I am going to be nice and report an issue with Orbx Libraries (161201).  I just re-installed P3Dv3.4 w/Hotfix 3; note this was an absolute clean install with NO ADD-ONS.  This includes wiping the ProgramData, AppData, and install directory.  I can reproduce this error 100% of the time.  After I installed, I started to replace my sceneries and I usually start with OrbxLibs from the FTXv3 client.  It installed without issue, then I installed PMDG's 747v3.  I started the sim, it wanted to update the ObjectFlow which I allowed.  I don't have a add-on of PHNL so I was using the default one.  I went in, created the flight and then forgot I had not installed Austrailia or the airport; I did so and then did the Force Migration within FTXv3; I do this as many of my installers are from downloads (See JV as to why I am forced to do that).  I returned to the sim and now there was water all over the airport textures; these textures constantly change as I flew over them.  So I decided to narrow down the issue, I wiped the P3D folders again and started over...

I did a complete uninstall/re-install into an absolute clean system; backed up the entire P3D folder for directory comparison. Installed ORBX's Libraries and ran P3D, no problems found. However if I FORCE MIGRATION in FTX Central v3, it changed D:\P3D\v3\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl. I had ABSOLUTELY nothing else installed at that point, restored the lclookup.bgl and the weird textures all disappeared back to normal. I installed the following one by one, ran P3D and loaded the default PHNL.

Flightbeam
- KSFOhd No issues found
- KDENhd No issues found
- KPHXhd No issues found
- KIADhd No issues found

PacSim
- KSLC No issues found

FSDT
- KLAX v2 No issues found
- KJFK v2 No issues found

PMDG
- 737 NGX No issues found
- 777 No issues found
- 747v3 No issues found

However if I install anything ORBX pre FTXv3, it runs the migration tool and it corrupts PHNL airport textures. Actually ALL airports in Hawaii (Probably is the Tropical DDS that is messed up) are now unusable at all the airport textures (In the distance in my image you can see PRJF - Kalaeloa Airport has water around it as well).  The lclookup.bgl is older and larger than the original P3D version.

For now I will fly other devs products not reliant on OrbxLibs.

Jhan

Error.jpg

It is the only place I am seeing this, anywhere there would be tropical bgl usage it would probably be mess it up.  I can check other default locations and see.  But yes it is find after the initial install, however if I migrate (forced usually) to the universal lclookup then it corrupts the textures.

Attached is a link as an FYI bit a background of the purpose of the Migration.

You could also go to your P3D\ORBX\Troubleshooter folder and run the MigrationTroubleshooter.exe and post the results here.

The only other thing that comes to mind at this time is a possible corrupt terrian.cfg...so have a look at that below link as well.

• 2 months later...

All, sorry I've not had a lot of time to sim lately so I am way behind on this.

So I completely wiped out P3Dv3.4 and reinstalled it.  Meaning I cleaned out EVERYWHERE anything Orbx resides, Appdata, ProgramData, P3D directory; all gone.  

1) installed P3Dv3 and run.  PHNL ground textures are fine.

2) Installed ORBXLIBS and NA Airports Pack (The freeware one).  And wham, the ground textures at PHNL are scrambled.

Under <P3D Install Dir>\Scenery\Base\Scenery\lclookup.bgl changes from a September 2016 date to May 2016 and jumps from 31 kb to 41 kb.  If I put it back to the default file (the one from P3D), everything straightens out.  I have the April ORBXLIBS installed.  I am not even running the migration tool, btw I am using the latest version of FTX Central 3.

I have tried to use the migration tool but it states everything is installed correctly.  I guess I will just have to keep the original lclookup.bgl and over right the WRONG one ORBX insists on installing?

Jhan

Hi Jhan

A fresh install of P3Dv3 will need to be migrated to the new version of lclookup.bgl, so you will need to run the force migration option in your FTXC3 settings for any products (including Orbx Libs) installed via FTXC3 to be compatible.

After you have installed all your products, just apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Archived