DLL.XML

Guys

I have noticed that there are two entries for the ObjectFlow_P3D-DLL in my dll.exe file, both pointing to the same .dll but with a different title, one is just ObjectFlow and the other is ObjectFlow_P3D.  Should there be two?  if not which one is the correct one and can I safely delete the other?

Thanks and regards

Ken

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
       <Name>ObjectFlow_P3D</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Running P3D latest version here, and only first entry (ObjectFlow) in my dll.xml.

I have only the Orbx FTX Global pack (Base, Vector, LC), but no region at all, so I can not know what writes the second entry (ObjectFlow_P3D).

You could try following :

1) Change the second <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> to <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>

P3D will ask you if you want to load the dll, and if you answer "No" it will not load it a second time

2) Open Windows Notepad, and your dll.xml. Cut the second entry (for backup) and paste it inside a new document (.txt), save your dll.xml as well as the new txt file, and run P3D to check if it works without troubles. (you can reverse the operation if problems arise)

As you still report your FSS purchases, did you migrate your purchases to Orbx direct? If not, you should do it, would allow updates via FTXCentral v3, I assume.

Blue Skies

Hi,

if you are using old FSS installer, you can experience these duplicated entries into dll.xml as names are differents:

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Name>ObjectFlow_P3D</Name>

You can let them as they are because duplicated section for the same item don't occur problem. Keep in mind that dll.xml is only a filter to allow dll to be executed when the sim is launched.

To make it clean, you should migrate to FTX central 3. The latest versions of ORBXlibs remove duplicate and useless entries into dll.xml

Archived