KTEX scenery overlay

rocciann

Hi there.  I've had this problem for a while now and haven't been able to resolve it.  I hope that someone can help.

KTEX is terrific but there is an area behind the hangers at the runway 9 end which seems to have the old fsx and the KTEX (ftx) scenery overlaying each other such that the plane just drops from the ftx layer down to the fsx layer (if that makes any sense).  Everything else is perfect.  You may ask why is it an issue when in KTEX that area is fenced off.  Well the only reason I noticed this is because I was flying the Telluride mission using the new KTEX scenery.  In the mission it asks the pilot to park near the car that is waiting to pick up the passenger.  In the ftx KTEX scenery the mission cant be completed to that extend because it would mean going through a fence behind the hangers and secondly the issue of the overlaying scenery makes flying the mission with ftx KTEX not doable.    Is this a known problem?  I can live with it but thought I would ask the community if they have seen it before and if there was a work around.  I have vector and have configured it etc etc.  As explained above the rest of the scenery is absolutely perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I flew the mission and it completes with success just fine with the landing and taxi, but yes the default FSX parking location for the parked car with the green arrows appears it will no longer be accessible as the Orbx scenery has moved the terrain and objects to a more accurate and correct location, but it does not prevent FSX from registering the mission completed and successful, :) 

Thank you Doug.  You are absolutely correct, it does allow you to complete the mission :)

I guess Im just a little curious about the two layers where the arrow used to be and whether there is a fix for that.

Not that important in that it doesn't detract from the scenery nor the mission.  I just know the quirk is there and it's one of those nagging little annoyance :)

Archived