KOLRS Orcas Island actual runway below visible runway

johnfromoz

I have posted this issue as an addendum to an identical query ;-

I have so far had no response. I wonder if I should have instead opened a new thread, admin, feel free to delete this if I made a bad call.

What I see at Orcas is much as in the above post. Below is a lower view.
The "actual" runway sits some way under the visible runway. From above I get views exactly like those in the linked post above.
I have;
- Checked for the presence of the elevation adjustment file mentioned in the above post, in Scenery/World/Scenery. It's there, and it's a BGL, not an "off".
- Run the Airport Elevation Correction tool several times.
- Re-downloaded and installed Orcas and re-run the AEC tool.
- Used all the FSX settings exactly per the KORS (and other Orbx) manuals

I have almost exclusive Orbx sceneries in the region. I have Tongass Fjords, further north and Victoria X closer at hand.

2017-2-7_16-34-48-86.bmp

Hi Johnfromoz  

My comment might be way of the mark , I also had problems with ORCA ISL and found that my problem wasn't actually with ORCAS but with PNW, after reinstalling PNW  I was OK again .

Regards  

Hi there,

re-installing PNW might help (assuming there's some corruption of KORS-related files) and is a quick process with FTX Central v3 so you could give that a shot.

Note that the Vector tool only deactivates its own airport correction files (if other, non-default files for that airport are detected); if the issue is with the FTX Region, the KORS product, or a third-party add-on then the AEC tool won't help.

This type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KORS*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Gollum and Holger. I am using a new installation of FSX and deliberately started with Orbx, so I didn't expect any other KORS. I'm now reinstalling PNW . However, while waiting I searched as you suggested, Holger, and found a file in Victoria Plus, CVX_KORS.bgl, which I am disabling pending a test. Didn't expect the Canadians to invade sovereign territory like that! And I wish I'd thought of looking there first!

\

Four hours and many attempts later, I can't reinstall PNW. The download terminates with an "unexpected error" every time. I'd like to test for the cause of the KORS problem but looks like I've lost PNW until something gets fixed. Apparently there's an automatic report gone in.

Edit - Looks like a recent new problem;-

Well (9 hours later) I am still trying to get KORS in working order.
I have reinstalled PNW, which was epic in itself, as there presently seems to be a problem with reinstalling via FTXCentral (there's a thread on it).
I have disabled three  files in Victoria Plus which relate to KORS (000_KORS.BGL, AFX_KORS Eastsound - Orcas Island.bgl and 000_KORS.BGL)
Oddly, the problem has now changed. I no longer have a sunken runway under the invisible one. What I have instead is all runway, taxiway and generally AFCAD-like surfaces raised several feet above the general level of the field, and a small body of water beside the runway raised a greater distance above the hard surfaces.
It's progress of a kind, but I am out of ideas. I'm no scenery designer so any input would be welcome.
7K9tenU.png

Hi johnfromoz again ,

What your seeing is similar to the problem I had before I reinstalled PNW , the problem I had was related to not having the updates installed properly ;  I know that you have reinstalled PNW so that should not be an issue with your set up , so I don't really know why I am mentioning it . 

Ray  

Archived