FTX Eu England DVD Boxed install error

Cloudrider_

Hi Guys.

Just migrating from FSX to P3D and have installed all my FTX products bar my original FTX England which I purchased as DVD. I have already asked how/when this will be converted but no ETA.

So I'd seen other threads where people have simply installed the boxed version successfully, so I have gone with that. However when I come to choose P3D, and click on the selection, I get the attached screenshot error...

Any advise please?

Thanks -

NigeFTX Eng error.jpg

Hello,

It's been quite a while since someone asked this.

It means that there is no simulator on your PC that

the installer can write to.

I have no idea why the installer message could not have simply said that

instead of the geek speak that doesn't even hint at it.

This is because when that installer was written, there were only two

simulators, FSX and P3D.

Things have moved on and now there are five.

Hi once again Nick.

Thanks for your kind reply again. So is the suggestion that the DVD version software isn't recognising P3D? It's on my PC and running and all addons have gone in seamlessly so I'm a bit confused.

I suppose the way around this is to get this conversion from boxed to online issue resolved.

NIge

Hi,
DVD versions only recognize P3D V1. I presume you mean P3D V3 when you say P3D. Therefore, you have to download latest version of FTX addons to install it with v3

The DVD installer was written when there was only FSX and P3D.

Rather like a film sequel, P3D v1 only acquired that name when there was a P3D v2

and subsequently v3.

Similarly, there was no FSX Steam Edition and the installer will not install to FSX Steam

Edition with FSX disk edition either.

You correctly surmise that you will need to wait for the DVD to digital offer to be reinstated.

Archived