FTX SP3 Installation

VH-DUX

Hi,

I have been using FTX for years. I got a DVD version from PCAviator in 2010, however I cannot install it on my replacement win 8.1 PC.

The DVD installer just does nothing, and FTX Central comes up with Orbx.installer has stopped working. Flying is very boring without FTX. In fact Moorabbin is in a desert in the default scenery.

Obviously, I cannot import my licesne from FSS if I gor mine at PCAviator.

Can someone help me with this, please?

VH-DUX

You might try disabling your User Account Control.

Then open the disk in Windows File Explorer and run

the installer as an administrator.

Failing that I am assured that there will once again be a means to

extend your DVD licence to a digital download, as there was

until 1st November 2016.

Thanks Nick. I did all of that and the DVD installer installed the .Net framework and then crashed. I tried various compatibility settings but nothing worked.

I noticed that my PCAviator account info was access by ORBX, but it doesn't yet show on my account. How long before I can get a working solution?

Thanks

VH-DUX

The .net framework is 4.5.2 Is that good?

I wrote on the ORBX site that I purchased my FTX Australia from PCAviator, so I couldn't use the transfer to ORBX central facility that exists for the other online store. The I got a message from PCAviator that ORBX was requesting my purchase information, which I approved. I am assuming that this is a step towards a new download that will run.This hasn't yet happened.

Otherwise still no luck.

VH_DUX

Archived