SoCal reinstallation

MotoDave

I'm unable to find a topic after a search.

How do you reinstall a full fat region after using FTX Central for uninstalltion.  I uninstalled SoCal because of frame rate issues.

I noticed that the files are still in place, just not ticked in the library insertion.  I also have a back up of the scenery/world/scenery files, which I assume to be complete.

If I choose to reactivate in the future, should I reinstall or should I just file copy the scenery/world/scenery back up files and re-select SoCal in the library?

You say that your Scenery Library still shows the files but unticked. Check in your Orbx folder within your sim's directory and see if they are still there and if they have any contents in them. The uninstall may not have worked if there are contents in the SoCal folder.

Secondly, if the folders are devoid of any content then you will need to reinstall the addon. If you don't have a backup copy of SoCal or don't have a backup copy of your complete Orbx directory folder then you will need to redownload SoCal and use Central to install it for you. I would suggest choosing the Download/install and make a backup option.

The files in your  scenery/world/scenery folder will NOT reinstall SoCal. It will only contain any ADE elevation files that were installed when you initially installed SoCal. All the actual scenery & texture would have been removed/deleted when you deleted SoCal.

I would also strongly advise that you make a copy/paste of your complete Orbx folder that lies in your FSX directory and store it on another spare drive. That way you would be able to delete any Orbx scenery you want, and then reinstall it by copying the relevant Orbx scenery back into FSX, or indeed the whole Orbx backup copy. You also need to make another backup of scenery\world\scenery and copy that folder back into FSX if you reinstall via this method.

Hello JJaycee1, thanks for your input, happy flying.  

Perhaps I should have typed more clearly.  

All of the files are still in place, just not ticked in the library.  I have a complete back up,  including the files from scenery/world/scenery.

The information I seek from ORBX is whether this is the same as re-installing.  

I want to hear from the horse's mouth should there be scripts or other items I may know nothing about.

My computer can not currently handle SoCal, I want to know for the future.

Archived