Stripe Clarification Please

simdown42

Hi

I am happy not to use PayPal. I want to use my Master Card debit card as I have done many times in the past with FSS and more recently during the sales with ORBX Direct before Stripe was introduced. Does this now have to automatically go through Stripe or is there a choice for the transaction to be  handled as a direct transaction with ORBX Direct as with other companies when using s debit card?

Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

Thanks for clarifying Ben

As I don't want to be associated with Stripe I guess that's it with ORBX unless things change. I am happy with my 100 or so ORBX purchases already made and will have to be content and enjoy those. Was looking forward to Innsbruck though.

Cheers

simdown42

Hi Simdown,

Stripe is merely who we choose to process our card payments. We've used Stripe since day zero, so if you've purchased something on OrbxDirect with your card, you've already used Stripe :)

You don't need to create a Stripe account, just use your MasterCard debit card as per normal.

Hi Ben

That's confused me more.

The last time I bought something from ORBX Direct  I got this dummy credit card thing that rotated as I filled it in and the purchase was like a normal credit card transaction. There was nothing like the box in the photo on the Stripe announcement page. I thought Stripe was introduced on December 21 or so after the PayPal problem. This was after my last purchase on ORBX Direct. There was no indication I was using Stripe the last time I bought something . As I recall I don't believe there were the options John speaks of like remember me boxes etc.

Thanks

simdown42

Hi simdown,

That old page (with the blue box where you enter in your card info) used Stripe too. They're effectively the same thing but with a different design.

The advantage of the new design is that customers can optionally save their card info to Stripe servers if they wish.

Hope that explains it some more :) if you have any further questions please feel free to ask

Archived