Update for Boxed Versions and Missing AI

Brendon95

Hello

I would like to update my YWOL & YSBC products for FSX via FTX Central however I cannot obtain this update because I have the boxed version of these add ons. Is there a way I can download these updates?

Also I don't think the FTX AI & FTX Australia and New Zealand freeware is working, I have installed the freeware World of AI packs previously so maybe that is why? Any suggestions of how to correctly get it working with the World of AI packs? Would it be possible to have FTX traffic in Australia and New Zealand and have World of AI traffic for the rest of the world??

Thanks for any help

Brendon

45 minutes ago, Brendon95 said:

Also I don't think the FTX AI & FTX Australia and New Zealand freeware is working, I have installed the freeware World of AI packs previously so maybe that is why? Any suggestions of how to correctly get it working?

Many (most, if not all) of the WOAI products are written for FS9.  Any FS9-type flightplans in your flight simulator will automatically prevent any FSX (or P3D) flightplans from running.  Odds are your WOAI stuff is preventing your ORBX AI from running.  You can either remove the WOAI stuff from your flight sim, or use various tools available to convert the WOAI stuff to the FSX format.

I'll let someone else tell you what you need to do concerning your boxed ORBX products (it has been explained numerous times in other posts on the forum, but I don't recall the links to them right now).

Hello Brendon,

We are currently working on a resolution for the Dvd to Digital transfer, when this is implemented it will be announced via the appropriate sub-forum found here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

I can not comment on your WOAI package installed, if you mainly fly in Aust and or Nz, you will only need the Orbx Freeware package, plenty of good looking AI running around airports and in the air.

38 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hello Brendon,

We are currently working on a resolution for the Dvd to Digital transfer, when this is implemented it will be announced via the appropriate sub-forum found here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

I can not comment on your WOAI package installed, if you mainly fly in Aust and or Nz, you will only need the Orbx Freeware package, plenty of good looking AI running around airports and in the air.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it and I will be eagerly awaiting that resolution

59 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Many (most, if not all) of the WOAI products are written for FS9.  Any FS9-type flightplans in your flight simulator will automatically prevent any FSX (or P3D) flightplans from running.  Odds are your WOAI stuff is preventing your ORBX AI from running.  You can either remove the WOAI stuff from your flight sim, or use various tools available to convert the WOAI stuff to the FSX format.

I'll let someone else tell you what you need to do concerning your boxed ORBX products (it has been explained numerous times in other posts on the forum, but I don't recall the links to them right now).

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I deleted all my WOAI stuff and the FTX AI now works as it should, and while I do fly mainly in AU/NZ I like to fly cross country sometimes (from Paris to New York for example) so WOAI would be a nice addition.

That said though I have previously had both FTX and WOAI installed prior to a technical issue that corrupted my HDD (Win7 to Win10 related, not software related) and they both worked hand in hand, FTX only in AU/NZ and WOAI everywhere else.  I did install the WOAI packs sometime after I installed the FTX stuff so maybe I should try reinstalling WOAI again and see if it works, I should be able to easily delete them again anyway so I'd say its worth a try.

3 hours ago, Brendon95 said:

I deleted all my WOAI stuff and the FTX AI now works as it should, and while I do fly mainly in AU/NZ I like to fly cross country sometimes (from Paris to New York for example) so WOAI would be a nice addition.

That said though I have previously had both FTX and WOAI installed prior to a technical issue that corrupted my HDD (Win7 to Win10 related, not software related) and they both worked hand in hand, FTX only in AU/NZ and WOAI everywhere else.  I did install the WOAI packs sometime after I installed the FTX stuff so maybe I should try reinstalling WOAI again and see if it works, I should be able to easily delete them again anyway so I'd say its worth a try.

Tried this, didn't work. I'm gonna try converting all the flight plans to fsx format because i'd much prefer to have both AI's in game. If you could provide me with a link to a tutorial and/or to the tools I would need to do this i'd really appreciate it! Thanks

There are tons of "How To..." places on the Internet to tell you what needs to be done. 

Do a Google search using "convert WOAI FS9 to FSX" and start reading.  :D

If you had FSX AI working alongside WOAI AI in the past, the only way that could have happened was if the WOAI stuff was already in FSX format.

Archived