monitor size

ricky76

Hey guy's... Does anyone know if running fsx on a 52" lcd degrades performance? I have been running fsx on my current rig

e8500 @ 3.64

8800 gts oc

Now I am awaiting the arrival of my new i7 950 rig (Ijust got a message saying the benchmarks are Awsome) and am also picking up a 65" lcd on the weekend. Does anyone know if running this on such a big monitor will hit the performance?

Thanks!

Should not hit the performance much, it really depends on the resolution

for instance I have a 32inch LCD TV, but it is only 1366 x 768, so going from my 22inch LCD monitor with 1680 x 1050 to the TV, I am actually going backwards in terms of quality, but it still looks OK if I sit back from it (lounge room scenario)

What is the res of the 52inch/65inch out of interest?

Hello meatycus.... My 52 is 1920 x 1080p full hd and my new one will be the same. This is also the res I run in fsx in 32bit. I also allways run in full screen. Track IR is sure nice but I have to be within 5 feet of the screen! can get to ya after a while! Thank you very much for your input!!! ;D BTW I have only got the gold region and a couple airports so far, but from what I've seen you Gents sure have a beautiful country! Since I found ftx I have now logged 45 hours in eastern Australia! and I thank you all for that!  Cheers!

PS. with my new system I will be running a bfg gtx 285 oc if that helps!

Hello meatycus.... My 52 is 1920 x 1080p full hd and my new one will be the same. This is also the res I run in fsx in 32bit. I also allways run in full screen. Track IR is sure nice but I have to be within 5 feet of the screen! can get to ya after a while! Thank you very much for your input!!! ;D BTW I have only got the gold region and a couple airports so far, but from what I've seen you Gents sure have a beautiful country! Since I found ftx I have now logged 45 hours in eastern Australia! and I thank you all for that!  Cheers!

PS. with my new system I will be running a bfg gtx 285 oc if that helps!

At the resolution ...should look kool!!.. and you should be able to sit reasonably close to it...

I'd go one better ... Make sure the new LCD TV is 120Hz or higher and then purchase the nVidia 3DVision goggles so you can use that screen in real 3D.

Woa .. now that would be crack-a-lackin'  ;D ;D ;D

Archived