Iceland Demo- Frame Rates crippled!

Wringoon

HI Folks,

I've had the Iceland demo since 2013 on the first FTX Central, it always worked really well with my windows 7 and FSX Gold setup, steady 30 fps even over the cities!,(better than FSX scenery!), with the chance of being able to buy direct, I downloaded FTX Central V3, some problems with a lclookup.bgl file but sorted after doing some reading, but, oh dear, I'm now only getting 6 fps since the update?, funny thing is, I also have Tasmania and North America demo's and they both run fine!!!? Vector perhaps?, anyone out there with any thoughts, suggestions, fixes?, would love to be able fly around Iceland again but can't really buy anything until this is sorted. 

Cheers

Same issue. Extreme FPS problems in Iceland Demo.

Lowering any of FSX settings doesn't change anything. When nearing a city with some buildings frames drop suddenly to 3/4 from steady 30. I have the Iceland demo version without global/vector ecc...

Thank you Jeeno!!!, I thought I was the only one with this problem there for a moment!, No idea whats causing it, it was fine until I put in FTX Central 3 and the update for Iceland Demo? !!!, any clues guys?, what was updated which might cause this?, at the moment its stop motion photography.

I have to weight in here as well with this problem.

I have just started flying around Iceland and I am getting my full target of 26fps over most of the island (including landing at the lesser airfields). I flew into BIVM Vestmannaeyjar on the NDB-C Runway 13 approach and my system shuddered to  a crawl at 1.6fps from about 5nm out, once landed, it limped up to 3.5fps. With very few scenery objects at this airport I cant determine what is causing this severe drop in fps.    (I can still get 11-15fps at KRDD and Portland City. 12-20fps at YPJT)

Does anyone know if there is a Control Panel for Iceand Demo,this could help to adjust scenery and object levels around Iceland, but no Control Panel appears in FTX Central v3.

Lance..

my system is - HP 2.5 Dual core, 8G ram and 4G NVidia.

Me too! In BIVM I had the most FPS drop I've ever experienced in FSX: steady 30 until approaching the airport, then suddenly a slideshow.

Thanks Nick, I'll have a read.

PS: what is Iceland X? Is the Aerosoft one?

Ok, it's nice. But reading through the thread you linked there seem to be no solution for this: I can only say I have the same issues reported there. 

I checked the version installed and it's correct: OFF version for people who doesn't have global installed. 

My guess would be that there is something in common with the four of you who

have reported this problem.

Regrettably, I have no idea what that might be, it could be the hardware you are using,

it could be settings in your software, it could be many other things.

Sometimes there is not an obvious or universal solution, particularly when there are

so few reports.

Thanks Nick for looking into this.

I shall have a fly through Iceland later this week and see if this problem replicates and put a screen shot up here. I have no other scenery for Scandinavia through to Greenland except for the FTX Iceland Demo and Jan Mayen, so it has me stumped as to why the fps drop over Vestmannaeyjar. If I cant resolve it, then I shall just have to stick to the main island and give this smaller island a wide berth.

Lance..

Thanks Lance.

It would be a shame, I am lucky enough to have been to the Westman Islands in

the real world and they are stunningly beautiful in the unique way that Iceland is.

Between the Iceland demo and Iceland X they are quite well represented in the

simulator.

I wish I could help with a solution but I can't replicate the reported problems with frame

rates anywhere in FTX Iceland.

Yep!, totally agree, C-47 Beta V3 is out of this world, I'm a sucker for the 1930's to 50's highly polished silver air liners of the time, watched too many black and white films as a kid with amazing DC 3, 4, 6, connie's, strato's B 17, must stop!, or I will be here all day!

• 6 months later...

Hi.I just installed Iceland demo updated version and set  FSX Steam follow the manual instructions.But my FPS is horrible about 6-9 FPS.I had 25 and more FPS with older versions of Iceland Demo.With other freeware ORBX products I have absolutely no problem with FPS.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Archived