FTX nuked FSX! Urgent help needed now

flyingsub

Help, I have installed FTX and it has completely screwed up FSX.

Installation removes all a/c and scenery so you are flying around in a void with strsange polygons and space showing through in places with no ground and no aircraft (no matter where you go). Scenery library shows the entries for FTX. unticking in scenery library has no effect.

Switched FTX mode off no effect although could see virtual cockpit of the default trike and got great frame rates (125-350 fps!!)

on ending flight it said could not find the default aircraft files.(although they are in the usual place)

No effect also selecting airport which now only offers a couple of countries that contain some addon airports (even though search default scenery is selected.) Restoring to a previous scenery.cfg restored correct airports.

there is no uninstaller I modified from uninstaller_orbx_FTXAUBLUE to uninstall_orbx_FTXAUBLUE.exe

I then uninstalled but still no change. Scenery cfg for all users still contained FTX entries!

It seems that somehow installation of FTX has made FSX forget where all of it's files are stored. Please help as this is the second time that this has happened to me. The way I solved it last time was a new install of FSX followed by several labourious days of adding things back in. FTX was the last thing!

Dale

hello flyingsub,

could you please tell us :

a. what OS you are running, XP or Vista and your system specs?

b. do you have fsX installed in the default location ? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

c. do you have installed any other addon scenery wich alters landclass and original fsX files ? like GEX or UTX as example

A very strange and serious problem Dale. I don't think we have ever had any other users with such a severe issue.

Could you start with a bit of information on your computer and software please. Ie., are you using Windows Vista, XP with SP2 or SP3 beta. Is your FSX installation installed into the default location or did you direct the install onto a seperate harddrive or a different folder?

I have just about every addon in existence, certainly GEX UTX etc

FSX installed at T:\FSX which was detected by the installer

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA

System Model: 122-CK-NF68

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 2814MB RAM

Page File: 3283MB used, 33692MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

ok reinstalled and I have the same problem again. I would attach a shot of my scenery library but I can't figure out how to do that. The FTX files were not added by the installer although the installer said that installation was successful  So I have added them manaually, these manual changes only show up in scenery.cfg for all users (but not FSX root or current user). It makes no difference to the problem anyway. Due to character limits on this forum I have posted the last few scenery.cfg entries below.

[Area.508]

Title=PophamEGHP

Local=H:\Addon Scenery\Europe\UK\PophamEGHP

Layer=509

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.509]

Title=UKVFR Library

Local=H:\Addon Scenery\Europe\UK\UKVFR Library

Layer=510

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE