Pacific Northwest DVD INSTALLATION FOR P3D V3

KevB44

I have this and many more Orbx products that have been bought for birthdays and Christmas so I don't have order numbers for a lot of the DVD's, I can install them into FTX central but I cant update them, I just get the message  I need to migrate the licence, how do I do this ?

any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Gollum,

How did you transfer you licence without order numbers ect, if I go to transfer licence page and selct the FSS link and input my email address it just says an error occurred - email address not found, how do you get around this ?

Thanks.

Assuming that you did read the link you were given, for over two years prior to 1st November 2016

it was possible to acquire, for a small fee, digital copies of software purchases on DVD from sources other

that the Flight Sim Store. All that was required was proof of purchase.

I have no idea how long you may have owned your DVD software or how you came to have it, but unless

you have proof that you purchased it you will not be able to exchange it for a digital copy. This is nothing new.

It has never been a legitimate practice to buy a product and then give it away, to receive them as gifts or

to acquire them "second hand".

The licence is granted to the purchaser and remains with the purchaser regardless of what the purchaser

may choose to do with the products.

So even if there is proof of purchase, if that is not you, you have no entitlement to the product or updates to it.

There have always been legitimate methods to make gifts of products, the most obvious being to give instead

the cash sum and let the gift recipient buy the product themselves.

FSS still run a system of "Storebucks" where credit can be added to an account to allow the account holder to

purchase at no cost to themselves, products of their choice.

This is something else that at present cannot be done via Orbx Direct but it has been requested.

As explained in the link that you may have read, there is a plan to implement a similar scheme for Orbx Direct

but it is not yet in place.

To address your latest question, do you have an account at the Flight Sim Store and if so, can you provide at least

one order number for an FTX product that you bought there?

I dont have a Flight Sim Store account but 90% of my software was purchased from Flight Store here in the UK, for example I have FTX Walse on DVD purchased from the Flight Store under order nunber WEB209451, can I convert/obtain a digital copy for this product using this order number ?

Archived