Airport Elevations ... again ... sigh..

tomvaillencourt

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, I wonder if it would benefit you to re-install the FTX products.

You could start with just PNW, making sure that the four PNW folders are deleted before you start.

So if I uninstall ALL Orbx products and use FTX Central 3, can I just cue everything up and wait for it to be done? What order should I cue my downloads and install them? the first time I did global and vector first, then PNW, airports and LIBS last. or should I install and try each one, one at a time?

I am not suggesting that you uninstall anything but PNW for now.

As I wrote, please use the uninstall feature in FTX Central v3 and

make sure that the four PNW folders are deleted before you re-install.

I doesn't matter how you re-install, whether from an FSS backup, a manual

download from Orbx Direct or via FTX Central.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I am not suggesting that you uninstall anything but PNW for now.

As I wrote, please use the uninstall feature in FTX Central v3 and

make sure that the four PNW folders are deleted before you re-install.

I doesn't matter how you re-install, whether from an FSS backup, a manual

download from Orbx Direct or via FTX Central.

Uninstalling PNW using Central 3 worked fine, and did automatically remove the PNW folders from D:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA, and worked with regard to the terrain issue at 76S, although I also lost a ton of buildings fields etc...Was basically  trees and a runway. Looked like your first screenshot, but with corrected elevations. However in some of the other areas, specifically at CZST there was no change in elevation corrections after running Vector AEC. I will probably re-install PNW, because even though this one airport was messed up, it still looked better overall... Right now I'm downloading NA Open LC... I know its designed to work with Global base and vector, but does it play nice with PNW region textures?

I assume that you visited 76S with PNW uninstalled and it looked default?

If so, that is to be expected.

Inside a region, Open LC does nothing and Vector only influences airport elevations.

Try restoring all the Vector AEC settings to enabled.

There seems to be no way to enable or disable AEC for CZST.

What there is in scenery\world\scenery is ADE_FTX_PFJ_CZST_elevation_adjustment.off.

You might check that this is indeed .off and not ADE_FTX_PFJ_CZST_elevation_adjustment.bgl

Thanks Nick!! You inadvertently just solved my problem at CZST!   First this... So I uninstalled PNW to the effect mentioned in my last post.. I left it uninstalled and installed NA Open LC, which had the desired effect on improving the textures of the landscape, and really looked alot like PNW to be honest, but while it left the elevations correct at 76S, elevations at other airports like Fall City were all kinds of messed up.  So I reinstalled PNW and left NA Open LC, and the combo seems to work better than PNW alone... 76S is still messed up but my other airports are back to normal... As for the default textures bleeding through in some areas, they are now Open LC which blend much better with PNW and are in many cases not noticable... Whatever... its not perfect, but acceptable. River banks especially are much more acceptable, but still some rivers are not fully connected in some areas, looking more like a line of cheese doodles than a river, but still... this is only occasional.  Now .. about CZST!  Your post about the BGL files resulted in me looking and not finding said files, because they did not exist on my computer.. However, based on the name of the file "PFJ" I surmised that they must belong to Pacific Fjords... And I was right. After installing that, CZST and the surrounding mountains and valleys look spectacular!! rivers are laid properly, and no longer run up hill and back down again, and there are no more weird plateaus present... I'm just gonna let my hard drive cool down for a bit now... LOL! Defrag, as Its gonna need it.. Otherwise, I'm willing to let my textures be for now.. They are decent enough, my airport elevations are normal at all my payware airports, (still have to visit some of my freeware ones), and as for 76S... it annoys me like crazy that I can't figure out what is going on there, but I will just avoid that airport. Thank you again Nick for all the time you have spent helping me.. It is appreciated tremendously!!

Archived