FTX crash issue (install/uninstall components)

chriswongus

I was installing airports in FTX. After I installed all my available/purchased + free ones for FSX with no issues, I started to install for P3D. 

Down to the second to last category, the "ocean" one, I installed AU which I purchased, then to the bottom under "Others", during the installation of "AI Australia", about 45-50% of completion, FTX crashed and the pop up "windows is searching for solution....", "No solution found...", then I click "Ok" shut down FTX, then restart.

When restarted, I went ahead to "AI Australia" to check the status, it shows installation was successful and up-to-date. I doubt this, so I clicked "uninstall", FTX crashed again. After restarted, the "AI Australia" always shows successful and up-to-date. BUT every time I tried to reinstall by uninstalling, it crashed. I tried other airports, all fine. 

My question for the support team is: because I doubt the completeness/success of the crashed install even it shows it's installed and up-to-date (the every time crashes prove that it's different from other ACTUAL successful installation that can be easily uninstalled and reinstalled with no problem at all) , I really want to have the crashed one cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled, HOW CAN I DO THIS? Is there a way that I can go to some folder, delete something, then it won't give me crashes again, considering all these airports are basically like "components" I guess, right? ... (could it be just a folder of files so I can remove, to fix this crash issue?)

Or are there other options for me to fix the crash issue every time I clicked "uninstall" for the previously crashed "install" but showing a success after restart FTX.......

I had every other airports, etc installed fine and never had any issues. Basically I enjoyed trouble free and CLEANNESS all the way until this crash happened, which drove me crazy... I look forward to have everything in FTX cleanly installed.....

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forums

First use the blue uninstall button in FTX Central 3, then go to your P3D\ORBX folder and delete what ever you want there, then P3D\ORBX\User Documents\Versions and delete the .txt for the corresponding product, that will tell FTXC3 that it is no longer installed and allow you to redownload and install.

You can also do manual downloads from your Orbx Direct account, just click on account at the top of the page, then select your product info, then in the bottom line small print you will see a manual download option.

If FTXC3 keeps crashing you can uninstall and reinstall it as per the below procedure.

Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Then re-install FTX Central v3 from the link

on the Orbx Direct home page.

Also be sure to clear out your temp folders and browser cache prior to redownloading.

Cheers

Doug

Archived