Good day,

many has been written about VAS, but I hope somebody will still answer my specific question.

First a brief introduction: With recent scenery and aircraft addons I observed that FSX frequently is driven to the limits regarding VAS. Searching in the forum for one addon mostly finds me the questionable advice to disable another addon, because that one is the originator of the VAS problem. I understand that some VAS management is necessary. 

Some examples:

• FTX Vector, Open LC Europe, FlyTAMPA EHAM, TFDI B717, flying into EHAM -> OOM on final approach
  • FTX Vector, Open LC NA, ORBX NCA, ORBX KRDD, Flight1 B200, flying KRDD-KSFO -> spikes and delayed texture loading on approach, OOM when on ground (which leaves no room for a KSFO addon scenery)

And here is my question:

Can I deactivate "lower" sceneries when having "higher" ones without having a negative optical impact?

Exampes:

• Deactivate Vector when flying in Europe
  • Deactivate Vector and OLC NA when flying in NCA
  • Deactivate Vector when flying in the USA or Canada (outside the regions)

Thanks

Boris

I don't know if you can deactivate Vector itself for only parts of the world, but you can deactivate elements of it in the Vector control panel. I'd start there. I've deactivated most road and transport features for instance. I should help both with texture loading and OOM. If you fly the big iron you won't notice missing bridges on secondary roads etc, so no harm done. Other than that, it's probably comes down to lowering settings. No HD textures, reduce traffic and autogen.

Andre

I have recently upgraded my PC and have just completed a total reinstall of FSX.

I now have hardware capable of running complex scenery and have for the first time experienced OOM (VAS) errors.

So far I have reduced "Scenery Complexity" and "Autogen Density" slightly, reduced "Water Effects" to "Low 2x".

"Ground scenery shadows" unchecked, frame rates limited to 30.

All other sliders are at the max.

This so far has eliminated the OOM (VAS) errors! Fingers crossed!

Archived