BOB

LesHintz

Running FSX-SE, and FTX Central 3.  Downloaded Bob to explore scenery with. Unfortunately, even having followed the user guide, I can't get the little cuss to move. I can turn his sound off and on, but he will not move. I have tried selecting him immediately as well as loaded a real aircraft and then switching to him. Yes - I am trying to use the throttle to get him moving. Probably something simple but I need help.

Thanks,

Les

Order Number - FSS0508549

Hi Les,

Because BOB is essentially an aircraft which never leaves the ground (he has no wings or rotors) he still needs to be treated like an aircraft in taxi. 

There is a BOB User Guide.pdf in  FTXCentral next to BOB product installed (see page 2.) below is an overview of P2

Ctrl + E   to  -  start him up. (Yes he does have an engine - but more like a battery pack e-drive)

Throttle up  -  to move forward

Throttle back  -  to slowdown

Joystick twist to navigate Left & Right  -  just like an aircraft rudder

Apply Brakes ON/OFF release Parking brake  -  Joystick trigger or Keyboard period "." key  ( "." = Period key)

Parking Brake ON -  Ctrl + .    ( "." = Period key)

Switch BOB off  -  Ctrl + Shift + F1

Head turn - Mouse movement  -  Ctrl + O

Views - 3D VC + 2D Cockpit  - Keyboard key "s" then "a" to switch between 3D VC & 2D Cockpit (BOB has no internal or external visual model though he will cast a shadow which looks like a weird child or alien from Roswell)

And as Mike says, release the "Parking Brake" he should begin to move on Throttle up.

However he may have trouble on some surfaces and steep gradients. Try a paved concrete or asphalt surface until you have become familiar with all BOB's views and moves, you will find a Joystick with twist handle is the best control device to make him behave .

Archived