CYVR approach-crash

RickG

Hi folks. I've been having a problem at Vancouver Int'l lately, with FSX telling me I crashed into something.  On approach to 26R (only this runway, all others are ok) and about 1/2 mile from the runway, FSX stops and tells me I crashed. Wondering if anyone else is getting this. This seems to be a relatively new problem, and whether it's ORBX related, I am unsure. I have PNW, as well as Vancouver+ V3 for this area. Thanks for your time. Rick

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest  Order# fss 0101788

Hi Rick

Crash boxes are invisible and I would suspect a challenge and a nuisance for developers to get placed correctly. I think for this reason most simmers don't want to be bothered with the very unrealistic element this adds to their FS time and just turn off the crash detection in settings. :)

Hi, I do flights into Van quite a bit and haven't hit any crash boxes, I have Vic + but not Van +

Anyway, I'm sure you know this but you can turn on ignore crashes in you settings because really, you should know when you crash;) and you won't have to deal with these silly crash boxes that pop up here and there, but to each their own.

Cheers

Greg Z

Archived