Water where land should be

sarahb

HI there, 

I can see only water where land should be. 

The cars go through the water ( see picture) which surrounds the buildings. 

Does anyone know how do I change it back? 

Also the cows look a bit crazy ( but I can live with that!)

Thank you in advance, 

Sarah

omg.jpg

No worries :)

3rd party addons are the scenery library entries "New York City X", "MegaSceneryEarth Switzerland", "Real Scenery Airfields", "US CitiesX", and "Eiresim Kerry Ultimate". These need to be above everything else in the scenery library.

OrbxLibs are installed automatically with FTX Central 3, but needed to be downloaded and installed prior the the release of FTXC3, this is the entry at the top of your scenery library. 

SP2 is what your version of FSX needs to be at in order to be compatible with any addons such as Orbx FTX products. You should be able to find this info by looking in the windows installed programs list.

FTX Central v3 is the new interface for downloading and installing Orbx FTX products, I have attached a link below with all the info on transferring over.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug, ( My brother usually organises all my IT problems, but isn't available at the moment. 

I've changed the order of those files, ( how will changing the order affect things? ( also my New York one has never ever worked and I spent so much money on it, the program just switches off every time I go there.

I don't know how to find out if I'm SP2 but I'm the newest version so can I assume so?

Do I need to download this interface ( I didn't really understand the link to be honest)   

Hi, Sarah

I noticed on your desktop (from your screenshot) that you have FTX V2,if you have not done so,  you have to place your FTX scenery block with the insertion tool or your FSX scenery library will go back to placing all FTX scenery to the top again

Cheers

Greg Z

@Doug Sawatzky I apologize for stepping on your toes in this thread, I will step out now:unsure:

You are welcome, 

The scenery library order is critical because FSX wants to render data in a certain priority order depending on what is installed and how it has been created, sorry, it's a pretty hard techy thing for me to try and explain that would make any sense haha. Did moving those entries change anything in your sim?

I think you really need to confirm your version of FSX, maybe the reason why your New York doesn't work?

Hi there, 

Thank you for your replies. 

Appreciate the patients, I would be lying if I said it all didn't sound like you were speaking another language :)

I dont' know how to make an  FTX scenery block with the insertion tool. 

Where can I find what version of FSX I have will it be written on the box or somewhere on the program. 

I always thought the New York one add-on didn't work because a box saying "out of available memory" came up on the screen. 

re: changing the order, it doesnt' get rid of the water at all

I feel like I'm getting more and more confused.

To find out what version you have 

Start FSX

Start a flight wherever with any aircraft

click on "help" in FSX menu bar

then click on "about"

you should find out what version you have there

Don't get discouraged, we've all been at this point with this Crazy Sim stuff.

Once you've figured this out you'll becomea pro, it might even be fun and interesting, it's a weird hobby that way, for a lot of us anyway;)

Yes things are looking a lot better now.

No perfect, as you can see from the attached file there should be water under London Bridge ( I'm sure of that)

Also some roads lack the roads and its just cars goign through fields. 

But I got to see New York for the very first time which was amazing ( I thik the frams no slows down a bit  it it was still cook 

Also I can now see the cows!

Ok, that's great thanks!  The picture was a bit hard to see and I see two different computers, which one has the FSX on it? Also, it might be easier for you to use an image host to post pictures here, so I attached another how to link. :) 

You are very welcome, I am also going to leave with a link to read at your leisure, it is a very long intense read, but it is so loaded with great info and good to have to read bits at a time and just keep for reference.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

Archived