FTX Global + EU Norway Blurry Textures

ravenarsenic

Hello,

I have recently purchased Orbx Global and EU norway. But as you can see in the screenshots, i am getting very blurry/bad textures in my FSX:SE. Would you kindly help me to how to solve this issue please ?

Regards,

Hakan.

PC Config,

i5-2500K @ 4.2 Ghz

16 gb ram

msi geforce 980 ti (6gb)

Scenery_Library.JPG

Graphics.JPG

Scenery.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Weather.JPG

Hello Hakan!

I am not speaking in the name of ORBX, but I can try to help a little. 
Have you applied any tweaks to your fsx.cfg file? If yes - what exactly? 
Do you use FSX:SE in windowed or fullscreen mode? 
Do you have the same problem outside Norway? Lets say USA or Africa.

Your settings seem to be ok, except I would change 2 of them - set Filtering to Anisotropic and water effects to High 2x. These will probably not change a bit of your textures but for performance and visual effects. To help you further - it is important to know more about your (if any) fsx.cfg mods + what version of MS Windows you use and where exactly is your sim installed.
Please understand that blurry textures is not a problem of textures themselves, but most likely your setup and tweaks!  

PS. There is one more setting you can try to play with, before doing anything else. Try setting FPS limiter to 30 and test (never mind if you will see some stuttering, its just for testing reasons), after that try unlimited (again - never mind the stutters). 

25 minutes ago, eNVee said:

Hello Hakan!

I am not speaking in the name of ORBX, but I can try to help a little. 

Your settings seem to be ok, except I would change 2 of them - set Filtering to Anisotropic and water effects to High 2x. These will probably not change a bit of your textures but for performance and visual effects. To help you further - it is important to know more about your (if any) fsx.cfg mods + what version of MS Windows you use and where exactly is your sim installed.
Please understand that blurry textures is not a problem of textures themselves, but most likely your setup and tweaks!  

PS. There is one more setting you can try to play with, before doing anything else. Try setting FPS limiter to 30 and test (never mind if you will see some stuttering, its just for testing reasons), after that try unlimited (again - never mind the stutters). 

Hello eNVee,

First of all thank you for your reply. I will answer your questions as best as i can.

- No,  I have not applied any tweaks to my fsx.cfg file. It is the default fsx.cfg file that FSX:SE had installed.

- I am using FSX:SE in windowed mode.

- Yes, i have the same problem all around the globe.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit operating system. 

My sim is installed on my 2 TB seagate HDD -direct path : E:\Games\steamapps\common\FSX -

I already tried setting FPS limit to 30 fps but nothing had changed,unfortunately. But i will try your suggestions.

Regards,

Hakan.

I see. Not that bad then. Are you ok to try some tweaking? If yes, I must warn you - 1) we may not get exactly the result you are looking for 2) tweaking takes some time and testing. First you will have to make a backup of your fsx.cfg so that you can always return (though sim rebuilds this file to original if you completely delete it)

It's no good to rush with all the possible tweaks, because it may bring your sim to its knees. Frankly speaking - you may still reduce some settings, but I am quite sure that reducing them wont help you anyway.
So - let me know if you are ok with this and we can try to make it work.  

32 minutes ago, eNVee said:

I see. Not that bad then. Are you ok to try some tweaking? If yes, I must warn you - 1) we may not get exactly the result you are looking for 2) tweaking takes some time and testing. First you will have to make a backup of your fsx.cfg so that you can always return (though sim rebuilds this file to original if you completely delete it)

It's no good to rush with all the possible tweaks, because it may bring your sim to its knees. Frankly speaking - you may still reduce some settings, but I am quite sure that reducing them wont help you anyway.
So - let me know if you are ok with this and we can try to make it work.  

If this is the way we must go then let's try it.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I don't believe that this is a problem with the scenery but as eNVee has so kindly

pointed out to you, settings.

You might also try Nvidia Inspector, which allows more settings than the Nvidia

Control panel does.

There are almost as many "ideal settings" as there are simulator users and the internet

is full of good advice.

Archived