Ftx global and snow

Hey all

just purchased ftx global base ftx vector and Europe and America LC - my question is why when I select the correct season in P3D does it have snow on the ground when there hasn't been any?

is this a known thing we have to put up with

i already have ftx England and Wales and flew out of Heathrow today but as soon as I moved away from the airport the textures had snow until I reached mainland europe

cheers

The snow is set by a seasonal file in FSX. I believe custom seasons were set in the Orbx region sceneries based on average times of the season. Global sceneries use the default FSX season file. In addition if the weather has snow falling the winter textures will display for the area around the snowfall.

Larry

• 1 month later...

I would like to bring up this thread to ask if there are any plans by ORBX to make a new seasons.bgl-file in the future (as part of Global Base or OpenLC) that reflects the "climate change" more accurately.  With the default seasons file, there are too many areas of snowy hard winter in Europe, where in reality, there has been only little snow in recent years. Also, some Midwest-regions in the USA (e.g. Wisconsin, Minnesota) become snowy already in November, which is not what I have observed personally (it's rather late December until mid-March). The new seasons.bgl-file could correct this mismatch and be optional (selectable via FTX Central), which would allow hard-winter lovers to still enjoy their winter wonderland.

Just a suggestion. What do you think?

Archived