Fresh Install - help?

So I'm getting back into simming. 

So I found my fsx folder on my hard drive, dusted it off, and am looking to reinstall everything. 

Trouble is its been a while and its not going smooth. I think it may be an install order thing.

So I'm starting over. 

1. Fresh windows 10 install is underway

2. Then FSX-SE

I use orbx scenery (holy cow the downloads are super slow, do I need to use FTX Central 3? Is that recommended over the files I have from when I bought them originally? (Global, Vector, OpenLC, PNW) 

I also use FSUIPC4

FSCommander

ActiveSky16 with ASCA

REX Airports HD

some A2A planes

EZdok

What I would LOVE is a step by step on the best way to install this stuff. Can someone point me in the right direction? As we all know, by the time you get these things in there you can start having weirdness..

Thanks. 

Thats what I feared. 

I'm looking at 10+ days to download just FTX Global Base.

That wont work for me. Maybe I can get a refund on the orbx purchases. It this rate it will take over a month to download the 5 things I own. 

Forget the Orbx scenery for now then. Can you comment on installation order for the rest? At some point in the process I no longer get the preview of your plane before taking off. I get a black screen and then only black sky and clouds when the sim launches. 

I'm assuming if you are starting at zero there is a preferred way/method/order to installing these. Do you know where I can find that?

2 hours ago, eighteez said:

I also use FSUIPC4

FSCommander

ActiveSky16 with ASCA

REX Airports HD

some A2A planes

EZdok

Install FSX Outside of Program Files (x86),  Create an Steam library folder and install there,  you will have this option during the install process.

After you Install,  make a backup of your complete fsx folder and paste it somewhere safe,  this will come in handy for corrupt folders and so on 

After you install FSX,  Launch it and fly default  "No Add On's"   make sure sure everything is good,  dont be shy, fly around heat your system up,  all ok ? 

It doesnt matter what order you install your add on's,  BUT install 1 at a time,  Launch fsx make sure all is good before you install the next one.

Ezdok,  Run as administrator.   Install Outside of Program Files (x86)  Note,  Ezdok has a default only install path of Program Files (x86) If you install outside of this you may have to manually edited the exe.xml file to your Ezdok location,  If your unsure how to do this just install to Program Files (x86)

A2A planes,  Run the A2A updater after you install these planes 

So ye,  install 1 at a time and test,  make a back up,  have fun 

One question GavinLittle

"Install FSX Outside of Program Files (x86),  Create an Steam library folder and install there,  you will have this option during the install process."

What about my DLC that is inside Steam?That auto installs when I install FSX-SE. 

Should I uninstall the DLC after the initial installation and work with just the barebones FSX-SE?

sorry for late reply

Before you install 

Go to your steam library,  right click on FSX click into "properties" \ DLC,  Untick all of your DLC,  Then Install FSX,  Restart your computer.  Launch FSX and test

All Ok ?  Go back and TICK your DLC Box's,  Let them install.   

no worries. I did end up figuring that out before installing. 

Yes all is ok. I followed your instructions, (very helpful) and got up and running with only one hitch. EZDOK. I never have been able to get that running properly. 

I'm up and running though. I'll go back to the ezdok battle another time. I've got flying to do. 

:)

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure. 

It installs. 

I've followed a couple of different tutorials. Both showed installation and when they fired up the sim afterwards theirs was not acting like mine. 

theirs would flow seamlessly from view to view. I had the initial view but most other views wouldn't work. From the get go it wouldn't "do" what I was seeing in the videos. It would alternate back and forth between 2 views instead of cycling through them as shown. 

Hard to explain. 

Archived