FSX:SE FTX_AU

Airflow93

Order #:5862f1e4825a8
FTX_AU

Hi,

I've just recently gotten back into flight simulator after about 6 years away and I assume this is more just rust than anything else however, I just installed FTX_AU using FTX Central 3 and have come across an issue when I boot up FSX:SE. I've noted that when I boot up FSX, the scenery library does not show any of the new scenery.  When I directly add the individual folders within the Orbx/FTX_AU directory to the scenery library, I am able to see the amazing quality of the ground mesh however, the ground mesh appears to flicker between FTX and the default ground mesh every couple of seconds. Now I assume this is due to the ordering of the folders in the scenery library but with so many separate folders I was just curious if there is a particular order I need to follow or if there was something else going wrong here.

Thanks a tonne,

Daniel

Hello Daniel and welcome to the forums.

FTX Central writes the entries to the scenery library.

There is a short delay before it does and I wonder if you might be closing it before it has had time to work.

Try opening it and then wait for the short message that will appear in the lower left hand corner.

Capture.JPG

Hi Nick!

In regards to closing FTX Central I've actually installed FTX au a few hours before I opened FSX so I assume it would have had plenty of time to install into the scenery library. I've just tried to do a fresh install and even now it's not managing to show in the scenery library. I can also confirm that I got the FTX Central pop up saying installation finished. 

FSX and FSX Steam both place their scenery.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX,

unless both simulators are installed, when FSX Steam will create C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE

and place the scenery.cfg file in there instead.

Please have another look, FSX will not start unless the scenery.cfg file is present.

Hello,

I can see that the Orbx libraries entry is there which would indicate that FTX Central can see the scenery.cfg file.

I can see no reason on the face of it why it should not also write the entries for your products.

Can you have a look in Orbx\scripts\ for scenerylib_***.cfg file and check that they are there please?

Archived