ORBX temporary install data

LouP

I have an issue on my c drive where my operating system resides.  I was in the process of trying to install some new purchases I made and started having issues where things were just not working right.  My vector install failed several times and eventually FTX central just stopped downloading.  I started poking around and saw my 120 GB SSD that contains just my operating system was full.  Are the files that FTX Central downloads to install saved to this drive and if so what is the best way to clean them up after they are installed in FSX?  Also, if they are saved to the C drive is there a way to save them elsewhere?  I have tons of room on 5 other drives, I would like to reserve the c drive for the operating system.

Thanks,

LouP

Hi LouP

Yes, the windows temp folders located at C:\users\name\AppData\Local\Temp are filled up very quickly when downloading and installing and can be emptied regularly by manually deleting, I use the freeware CCleaner. There are also ways of relocating this temp folder to another drive from a Google search such as the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818

Cheers

Doug

Archived