New version of FTX Central3?

geebee

Hello,

Is ORBX working on a new version of FTXC3?  The current version obviously doesn't work. I have seven ORBX products and cannot get them installed properly. Can we get back to the "old way" of installing them (before FTXC3)? Everything installed flawlessly the "old way".

I did everything that was suggested in the other error topics. Nothing works. Maybe reformatting all my hard drives will solve the problem, but I will not do that. All my other add-ons from other companies work. (I needed to do a re-install of FSXSE). With so many posts about FTXC3 not working properly, don't you think that it is broken? We should not have to go through so much investigating to make it work. Before FTXC3 every install worked perfectly (at least for me). I didn't need to visit the forum back then. Do you know if people have so many problems installing their sceneries back then, before FTXC3? This is very frustrating as I like ORBX sceneries and would like to buy more, but of course I can't and won't due to this problem.

Hello,

No there is no replacement version of FTX Central v3.

No, everything did not work flawlessly with FTX Central v2.

27 pages of support requests are a testament to that.

Looking back, you have been offered support advice when

you asked for it but have chosen your own path.

If you would like to start again with your own support questions, I am certain

what is the matter can be sorted out.

Nick,

I tried everything that was suggested in the different posts. I removed all traces of ORBX files and re-installed FTXC3 . When I try to install a region it will say it was installed and up to date. But when I go into the sim Settings and look at the Scenery Library the region is not there. I have to click the Add Area button to find it. It is in the ORBX folder in the root FSXSE folder. I have to manually add each file to the Scenery Library. But when I launch a flight, the textures for that region are not there. What else can I do? With all due respect, if there are 27 pages of support requests for FTXC2 and now FTXC3, don't you think that there is a problem with the installation program?

As I said in the earlier post, I did everything as suggested including the scenery.cfg file. It did not work. I don't know why you say I went on a different path when i did everything as suggested in all the posts. 

On 15/12/2016 at 7:08 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Yours is not the same error either, which is why the solution above does not work.

Yours should be cured by using the FSX Registry Utility from this page to set the FSX entry for your

Steam Edition and then choose FSX from the FTX Central start menu.

On 15/12/2016 at 10:10 PM, geebee said:

Thanks Nick. I had noticed in the error message this : 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'. So I went to the ProgramData file and found that it was 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg', (without the "-SE"). I added the -SE and FTXCentral3 now works.

This is almost certainly why FTX Central is not writing to your scenery library.

Archived