FTX Global vs PC and FSX

elsmoko

I just bought and installed FTX Global.  Also updated FTX Central to latest version (3), and ran the objectflowupdate.exe file.

When FSX is running I experience odd graphic overlay behavior on the desktop and if I activate any FSX pull down menu and select an item, FSX freezes.  I can unfreeze

FSX by hitting the escape key;  But I have no use of the pull down menus.  However, I can select a plane from the "free flight" (intro) screen and fly it and the new FTX global

rendering looks great.  

My system specs > Win 7-64,  FSX Acceleration,  ORBX AU

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

Thank you for the fast reply Doug.  The first image illustrates the FSX freeze problem.  The second image illustrates the odd overlay that

occurs in the FSX Free Flight aircraft selection window.

Things I've learned since my original post >  The menu bar / FSX freeze does not seem to occur when running FSX in Full Screen.  Only seems

to occur in "Windowed" mode,  which is the mode I have used since 2008.  I began exclusive use of windowed mode due to issues FSX had

when running Full Screen.  As for the odd overlay,  it disappears if FSX intro / Free Flight window is minimized and then Maximized.  It is

something new since the FTX Global installation.  It's mostly just a minor nuisance, but would be nice if there's an answer for it.

I haven't used the imgur site before > very nice; and user friendly.  Every bit as good as Dropbox.

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

ESpEO2e.jpg

ZR35k2b.jpg

Ken 

A couple of things I would do first is,

Delete the FSX shaders folder and the FSX.cfg and do a restart and let FSX rebuild both fresh,

Then I would look in your FSX/Orbx folder for a TroubleShooter folder and run the MigrationTroubleshooter if it is there.

Archived