failed downloads and installation ORBX to FSX SE

I have been running FSX SE for several months but was unhappy with the lack of realism of the scenery on free flights.  Having discovered ORBX and read the reviews I purchased the Global Base Pack and Vector.  I downloaded Global but it failed to install.  Having found it in FSX as ORBX I thought I had moved it into the scenery file for FSX.  However when I launched FSX the scenery was no better - it is possible that the default was being used. I have no way of identifying which scenery is listed or running.  In the hope of improving matters I purchased EU England.  After six attempts it fails to download.  I can locate Global in the backup folder; what process will enable me to install it into the FSX scenery?  I have also failed in my attempts to download and install Vector.  Step by step advice is required for my novice status.

Thank you.  I have been through the topics but have not yet found a solution.  Since posting I managed to download and install EU England - great relief.  I then opened FSX SE and on checking the Scenery I found the items England etc.  I began by taking the England file up to the top of the Priority but when I went down to move another one up everything changed and it reverted back to an earlier scenery setting.  Please advise.

FTX Central has a scenery library tool, called the insertion point on its

settings page.

You can access it by clicking on the small toothed wheel at the lower left

of the FTX Central window.

FTXCentral will write to the scenery.cfg file in the order in which the entries are set

in this tool.

It is most inadvisable to interfere with the FTX scenery library order.

Archived