Global Base+Vector+OpenLC NA+Open LC EU Install and Download Issues

UnknownRider

I have a few questions and hope to capitalize on some of the experience around here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

Windows 10, FSX Steam, no other scenery files or add-ons to the baseline installed prior to attempting FSX Global Base install. (PMDG aircraft are the only non-baseline files I've added.....). FSX:SE is the only version of FSX that is or ever has been on this machine. All the FSX files were installed in the default locations and I'm not using anything other than the single installed hard drive.

1. Should FTX Global Base be showing up under settings in the Scenery Library? Because it isn't, even though FTX Central (v3.0.2.2) is stating that the product is installed and up-to-date. (Of note: Control panel is greyed out, which I think is normal with FTX Global Base based on my browsing of the forums for help).

Download speeds were, well, worse than 1994 dial-up...even with CDN selected. This forced me to manually download the zip files for Global Base, Vector, OpenLC North America, OpenLC Europe and ESSA packages. 24 hours later.... when installing Global Base, I did so by pointing FTX Central at the GlobalBase Zip file. The install seemed to work normally, but I'm still perplexed as to why it isn't showing in the FSX Settings/Scenery library from the sim's in-game menu. It just shows "Addon Scenery" as Priority 1 in the first line....which is exactly what it showed prior to even attempting to install global base. Additional data here is that when navigating to the steamapps/common/fsx/addon scenery folder, both the scenery and texture folders are completely empty.

2. Did I need to "extract" the downloaded zip files somewhere first, or does FTX Central do the "unzipping" so-to-speak?

Hesitant to start stacking Vector and the OpenLC packages on top of this until I sort it out. Don't want to make a mess of over $150USD in software...and I definitely don't want to have to download anything else at 69kbps.

Thanks.

Order #58582205b6b54

Hi, Welcome to the forums :)

1. FTX Global Base is not an addon scenery and will not show up in your scenery library, it is a replacement of the default textures.

2. FTX Central will do all the unzipping.

Everything sounds like it is going perfectly normal for you except the download speeds have been a reported issue and are being worked on.

Cheers

Doug

I read about that yesterday and gave it a shot. Seemed to help for a few minutes at most then quit....that is when I just gave up and downloaded the zip files to all of the items I ordered.

FTX Download speeds were about 160Kbps initially. When I reattempted after deleting the TEMP folders, they shot up to around 3-4mbps for about 10 minutes...then dropped again. Was like watching paint dry. I'm sure they will solve the problem eventually. I'm going to hold off on any additional orders until I see a fix though.

Hope the visual is worth the wait.

Thanks again for your help.  

Archived