Instal problems

Pete_C

I've been trying toadd a file (screenshot) to thios forum but uploaded the wrong file.  I deleted that file and tried to upload the correct one, but now it tells me I'm only able to upload 4mb, so is still obvioulsy seeing the deleted file.

I'm having problems installing Pacifi Fjords because the download keeps on failing.  Any help would be appreciated,

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

These forums are not designed to host screen shots or files of any kind,

so there is a strict limit on the data that can be uploaded.

In any case, a screen shot should never be anywhere near 4mb in size.

Take your screen shot and then reduce its size to 1000 horizontal and save it in .jpg format.

Choose an image hosting site, of which there are many and upload your image to it.

Once you have done that, copy the image url, also known as the image address and paste

it into a forum post.

The forum will automatically embed it and your image will appear.

There are a number of potential solutions to your problem with downloading, one is to

delete the ORBX folder from your Windows temp folder and try again.

Another is to use the manual download link from the product pageand then manage the

download with a download manager.

Then install the file with FTX Central v3 and the install from a manual download option.

Many thanks for that Nick.  Must say though that I'm a bit (to say the least) unhappy with this purchase.

I've now managed to download and install (the proogramme has installed at :steam/steamapps/common/FSX/Orbx, but doesn't show in FSX.

I'm certainly not a techie as far as computers go, but if this was a car or any other purchase, I wouldn't have to go searching forums/asking questions/"going under the hood"  to get it working, I'd take it back to the garage and get them to fix it.

Actually, to borrow your analogy, I think what I have given you so far

is more like how to operate the car than how to repair it.

This is something that the supplying garage can do if asked, or the owner can read

the handbook (support forum in this case) and find out for him\herself.

I must assume that you did succeed in downloading the software, did you do this by

allowing FTX Central to install or by the manual download and installation?

FTX Central should write the scenery library entries for all installed products when you run it.

Sometimes there is a short delay before it does and I suspect that sometimes, a customer

may inadvertantly close it before it has finished working.

Nick,

You're spot on.  I suspect that is exactly what I did.

All running now except that I have a conflict somewhere.  I loaded at Ketchikan, and have a grass runway (or partial), and small trees everywhere..  The grass appears below about 500 ft,  Above that the runway appears normal

Archived