Avoid Block Island Harbor

JMBIII

Hi jmbii,

Thanks for purchasing Block Island. Those are the default ferries, trying their luck at making a jump over the breakwater.

This was brought up in testing, with the solution being to replace the default ferry traffic file. I am always cautious when replacing defaults because you can never be to certain who else may also use that default, but I am happy to put out a hotfix that removes those default ferries via control panel option. Block Island has its own ferry traffic so nothing will be missed.

Alternatively, I recommend Larry Robinson's Ferry AI freeware as a global replacement for ferries. He put out a tweak that fixes the default ferries around Block Island in conjunction with the release, and was actually the contributor of the catamaran ferry model I used. 

If you'd like the default ferry replacement, please let me know and I will provide the hotfix and schedule it to be included in the first patch.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex,

I'd like to try Larry Robinson's ferries. Where ?  The regular places - avsim, flightsim ?

I'm pretty familiar with the AI Boat Traffic and had considered utilizing it.

I'll look for the hotfix patch.  No hurry, it's not tourist season !

Still a great scenery.

Thanks for the reply,

Joe

1 hour ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Joe,

Here's where Larry's AI can be found:

https://larobinson22.wordpress.com/links-to-scenery-files/

He has very comprehensive routes, schedules, and models for PNW included in there as well. I'll put up a hotfix file later, along with a tweaked control panel so it can be enabled. 

Thanks Alex,

Greg

Archived