FTX Trees HD and MegaSceneryEarth v3

Tom K

I have installed FSX Steam Edition, FTX Trees HD and MegaSceneryEarth KY (Kentucky) v2 and these ran without error.  Loved the FTX Trees, they dramatically enhance the realism of the sim.  Last week, I installed MegaSceneryEarth KY v3 and now my trees have disappeared.  Can you offer suggestions on how to bring the FTX Trees back?

Hi Tom,

as far as I know MegaSceneryEarth does not include autogen placements, buildings or trees. In fact, they advertise this as a "feature":

MegaSceneryEarth delivers far better frame rates than default FSX / P3D scenery, due to the fact that resource- consuming autogen objects are disabled

Landclass autogen (such as we provide with Global, openLC, and the FTX Regions) uses a different method as autogen placed on photoreal ground meaning their placement files are not interchangeable.

There may be third-party add-ons available that add some sort of autogen coverage to MSE and similar photoreal products but I don't know specifics so it may be better to ask about this in a general flightsim forum such as Avsim or Flightsim.

Cheers, Holger

Archived