Canyonlands NP - it's a jungle out there?

Perk

There are some weird landclass issues going on around Arches and Canyonlands NPs in Utah.  Squared off areas of what looks like jungle type landclass in the middle of a high desert.  Could someone doublecheck and make sure it's not just me?  OpenLC NA is verified above the Base pack in the scenery library.

Arches NP north of the AC location, and Canyonland NP to the Southwest:

2016-12-3_6-51-24-109.jpeg

View SW towards Canyonland NP:

2016-12-3_6-54-15-928.jpeg

Sim set to 12/3/16 when these were taken, so should have gotten late fall or early winter for the season.  Pretty sure it never gets THAT wet.

Same area in Gmaps:  https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5225752,-109.7497247,66591m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Thanks lixfeldt.  I'm going to break down and reinstall OpenLC NA.  Finding quite a few oddities and I'm thinking they're artifacts of the experimental reinstall method JV was recommending with FTX Central 3.

Hi Perk,

I actually flew past here last night on a break, and it looked OK, I would check you have both

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

are showing in the scenery library

An uninstall/reinstall via FTXCv3 is usually the quickest solution

As a developer of many orbx airports and regions I'm not a big fan of the drag-drop install method

Hey Tim, yeah both were showing up and I tried moving them above and below the Basepack with no effect.  I deleted %SIMROOT%\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_OLC_NA.TXT and then installed again from Central.  It looks like that fixed the issue, and it only had to do a partial download.  Not sure how Ben has that rigged up, but he's got a heck of a thing here with Central v3.  I've had some issues with the drag and drop, but I've spent a lot less time figuring them out than I would have reinstalling the old way.  Once there's a full up file validation button to clean up the stuff that doesn't live in the ORBX directory, I think it's going to be a real hassle saver for us end users.

In any event I'm sorted.  Thanks for the help!

Archived