Orbx Lancair causes fatal error in FSX on exit

WilliamB

I recently purchased Orbx Lancair  from the FlightSimStore:  fss0533125.  After flying the Lancair FSX the computer locks up on exit.  I searched the problem on Orbx forums and found a post on the payware forum from Happywarrior75 dated December 17, 2014 with a problem identical to what my computer is having.   I tried/checked all recommendations offered except reinstalling FSX on separate drive or different folder.  FSX on my machine is installed on C:....Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  I am the administrator on my Windows 7 installation but also tried installing using the "run as administrator" option.  My virus software and all other programs were closed while installing the Lancair.

I have many Orbx products installed:

FTX Global N.A      fss0407054

FTX Global Base    fsso263487

FTX Global Vector  fss0274088

FTX S. Alaska, FTX Northern Rockies, FTX Pacific Northwest, FTX Northern California fss0293538

FTX S. California fss0500617

FTX open LC North America from new website

Many orbx airports and the North America freeware airports.

The location of my FSX has as yet not presented a problem with any Orbx product.

Is there any new information on what may be causing FSX to lock up on closing after flying with the Lancair aircraft.   At present I have uninstalled the Lancair. 

Any help you may provide would be appreciated.

WilliamB

On further searching I found a post by Just Fly  (Sept. 3 2011) with the same error as I encountered on leaving FSX after flying the Lancair,   The solution was to disable files found in the ....Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Guages folder.  The files were; Hobbs.gau, , Lancairhobbs.dat, and Lancair2hobbs.dat.  I renamed each by adding  ,off  to the end of each file name and left the renamed files in place.  This disables the Hobbs guage in the Lancair but the hobbs guage is critical to my enjoyment of the Lancair.  Thanks to the Orbx personnel and the developer of the Lancair for this solution.

WilliamB  

Archived