Texture morphing issue in P3D,AU Region

au_davidK

Hi,

I'm experiencing major issues with ground texture morphing using AU Region, YMMLv3 and YBCS.

I have installed FTXCentralv3, downloaded and installed all ORBX lic products.

I have run the troubleshooter, and no issues reported.

I have replaced the terrain.cfg as suggested in other posts.

My P3D is installed on D:

I have Holgermesh AU & PNG installed, no other 3rd party mesh installed

Other than ORBX, YPAD (3rd party product) is the only other scenery component installed.

Details:

I'm using a 3rd party commercial YPAD (Adelaide scenery), and when flying between YPAD and YMML, I do not experience any of these issues.

On departing YPAD for a flight to YBCS, again, I dont experience any issues.

However after crossing the AU regions (blue thru gold thru to red, from memory) arriving into YBCS I get major texture morphing problems.

If I start my flight a YBCS on a flight to YPAD, around and leaving YBCS I have no issues, but after crossing the AU regions, approaching YPAD, again I experience texture morphing.

I observed that when this issue happens, these textures replace what appears to be suitable textures and then switch back, and the issue seems to get worse the lower my altitude.

Pics included - I apologize for the quality of the pics - I had to take photos of my LCD screens as screen captures not possible with my setup (4 displays).

Inbound YBCS (from YPAD)

cjKiKHK.jpg

K1YFUpN.jpg

Inbound YPAD (from YBCS)

eL0YUEj.jpg

Regards

David

Hi,

Its been 2 weeks since I first posted about this issue in the support forum, but Im not sure if anyone from support has had a chance to read this posting.

To reiterate what I have attempted so far (reading through all other posts on the topic on the Forum)

1. deleted and replaced terrain.cfg from ORBX forum post

2. deleted all .migrated files and let FTXCentral3 run through its migration routines again

3. via FTXCentral3, uninstalled and reinstalled AU SP4 and YBCS again

4. ran troubleshooter, with no reported missing files

The issue still occurs.

I only have ORBX scenery installed via FTXCentralv3 and 1 3rd party AU airport installed. No other scenery product or mesh installed.

I have tried everything that has been suggested in other posts, and yet this issue still occurs.

I have been holding off installing other scenery products I have purchased, until this issue is resolved, to try to simplify the diagnosis and remediation.

I really hope that support might be able to look at my issue soon.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Sorry your thread has been forgotten, thats some weird stuff showing!

Which version of P3D are you running?

Try going into ...\Orbx\User Documents\Versions and deleting FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Then open up FTXCv3 and it will ask to update the Orbxlibs, it will check and probably only take a second or two to complete, then wait a sec more, then uninstall FTX Australia, then install again (choose your backup in the installation options)

See if that helps

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just got back from holidays.

I have tried your suggestions, exactly as you have described, however this has not fixed the problem.

In fact, this has caused more issues.

Prior to uninstalling AU SP4, I had no errors reported via Troubleshooter.

After uninstalling, and then reinstalling AU SP4, I now have the following errors reported by Troubleshooter:

Invalid files:
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SI55_CAN.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Railroads_S20-28_W.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SF-SG-53.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM\Scenery\500_LC_8637_Cooktown.bgl
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SH-56_ARM.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU48_CUSTOM\Scenery\300_Melbourne_Poly.BGL

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AU SP4, both from backup folder, as well as directly from the internet, however the same errors are reported.

When flying to YBCS, or YPAD, I still get the same texture morphing issue.

One thing I noticed was that as soon as these texture morphing issues started, if I went into my P3D scenery options, and either deselected, or selected any scenery layer (which forced P3D to rebuild its scenery list/cache), the issue went away for that session.

It didnt matter which scenery layer I disabled or enabled, it seemed the rebuild of the scenery list/cache was the key.

However I cant keep doing this as I fly in around Australia, so Im hoping this info might help in tracking down the cause.

SPECS:

FTX Central 3.0.2.2

P3D v3.4.18.19475

Windows 7, i7 6700K CPU, NVidia 980Ti GPU

Regards

David

Archived