NZSI seems "garbled"

Lieuallen

I recently purchased and installed NZSI (since NZNI was so wonderful). But i'm having issues with very unusual patterns (farmland on mountains, rectangular lakes, etc.) I thought it might be the "morphing texture" problem (although mine don't change but seems permanent), so I switched to the backup terrain.cfg file, with no change. The textures also seem quite blurry. I'm using FSX Acceleration (boxed version) with Windows 7 64-bit; I have FreeMeshX and SceneryTech's landclass installed (but NZSI is higher in the scenery priority, so this shouldn't be an issue).  As I said, NZNI is great, but NZSI is a problem. Here are a few screen shots....

2016-11-27_13-2-29-498.jpg2016-11-27_13-11-15-478.jpg2016-11-27_13-11-27-431.jpg2016-11-27_21-3-45-727.jpg

There'll be ORBX developers far better qualified than myself that can answer this, but I can't bear to hear that my favourite ORBX scenery is giving someone grief!

What happens if you disable the other two products and let FSX rebuild its scenery index? If all looks good, then we'll know that it's either an incompatibility problem or a priority/ordering problem.

Have you tried running the migration troubleshooter?

Adam.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did remove the mesh and landclass from the Scenery Library, with no effect.

I'm wondering if there was a glitch during installation (or even download?), so unless I hear otherwise, i guess I'll uninstall and start over....

What a difference a day makes -- life is worth living again!

I uninstalled, re-downloaded, and all is well in NZSI. Here are three of the same images as above, but this time they look like Orbx scenery!

2016-11-28_8-18-14-703.jpg2016-11-28_8-18-52-834.jpg2016-11-28_8-33-32-743.jpg

Mark this "issue" resolved, and put me back in the "happy camper" camp!

One last question -- I've now noticed that the back-up copy that FTX Central made consists of 54 ZIP files with names like "_chk1d47c13b-3149-4b45-a60b-baef7bdd1505.zip". Shouldn't I just have a folder with the install program and a small series of data files (that's how FSS delivered NZNI)?

Archived