Black Blocks

Blaumann

Greetings,

I'm having issues with the black blocks.  I've turned off Direct X 10 preview mode (as mentioned in another thread), and now the aircraft will not show up in the preview window after I have selected that aircraft.  And when I go to fly, the sim is all black.  I've reelected the Direct X preview, and have attached a screen shot.

I'm running Windows 10, FSX Acceleration, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti.o  

Thank you in advance

Blocks.docx

Nick

Thank you for your quick reply...

I did what you said to do, but now the sim is black after I select free flight.  Sound works, but the visual is all black.  When I re-select preview directX, the visual works again, but the block are still there.  I've just did a fresh install of FSX-Acceleration before I purchased the S. California scenery.  

What do you suggest next?

Thank you again for your help

Ric

Hi,

Black boxes are missing textures (whereas Dx10 trouble are white boxes). Some directory where your textures were located is gone or missing. Might something rename or delete it.

You should restore your FSX with DVD1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed the ORBX FTX Global BASE Pack (i bought yesterday) and some other on my FSX, and I am seeing the white boxes on the scenery regardless the weather, even in clear sky.

I am using the DX 10 preview mode, and i would like to continue using it, because the sim runs much better.

You can see the screenshot attached.

can you please share a fix for this?, I really need it..

I have tried to remove the Shaders and Shader 10 folders as you suggested, but the problem still happens.

I already know that using DX9 it is fixed, but a need to use DX10.

PD: I have FSX with Acceleration + FS Global 2010 + FTX Global BASE Pack + FTX Global Trees HD + REX Soft Clouds + Sound Environment X + A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux (aircraft lights)

Thanks in advance.

whiteboxesatnight.png

Archived