STILL getting bad thermals Diamond Point?

Steve Colbert

I've tried the various posted instructions to no avail - both ends of Diamond Point have severe thermals (massive updrafts) making it unusuable for landings.

Is there a magic Thermal descriptions file I should have that could be posted here?

Or magic edits I can make to the existing files, one inside of main P3D folder, one inside the airport folder?

What does good look like here...any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm intrigued!!! I did some glider screenshots for a competition a while back (in a different forum) and had trouble getting any thermals at all - even with what I thought to be the correct weather/realism settings!! I'll give this a go in my P3Dv3 and report back!!!

Does this happen with any/all weather themes?

Adam.

Hi Steve,

Has anyone yet suggested utilising FSUIPC (Payware Version) to regulate/suppress the Turbulence Gusts & Variance of "Wind smoothing"  It usually works where strong winds occur close or at ground level. If you are having trouble with holding your course on taxi, takeoff, or crabbing on landing, because of stronger than expected gusty winds, this may help smooth things out. Notice the "Smooth only when airborne" switch, this will enable ground winds @ per/Kt setting / but enabling the "Smooth wind changes near aircraft" will limit the wind strength depending on the "n" Kts / Deg / per/sec. Make sure you have selected the wind effects you wish to suppress.

d489449640017a2e33749b7a3246ac65.jpg

Thanks guys - I was able to fix this by uninstalling, reinstalling with FTX3, finding a new thermaldescriptions file in the new Orbx folder for Diamond Point, then pasting that file into my main P3D directory....RESOLVED (and if you've not bought it yet...you need to!)

Steve

Archived