Buy Now Install Later?

simdown42

Hi

I haven't transferred my licences from FSS or installed FTX Central 3 because of the many apparent problems reported. Can I still buy new products through ORBX Direct to take advantage of the sale and install at a later time when I transfer my licences and install FTX Central 3?

Thanks

simdown42

Yes,

See the FAQ http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123619-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-v3-offical-faq/

Q37 If I open an OrbxDirect account does it mean I must transfer my FSS licenses immediately? Can I purchase from OrbxDirect and still keep my old Orbx licenses at FSS?

A37 No, you don't need to transfer your Orbx licenses from FSS when you open a new OrbxDirect account. You can do the transfer anytime you like, there's no pressure. If you purchase new Orbx products from OrbxDirect you can still keep your old Orbx products in FSS and use those old installers etc.  However, the moment you choose to transfer your licenses to OrbxDirect, all the old FSS wrapper installers will cease to work and you'll need to use our new installers. If you don't need to re-install anything then there is no need to download new installers from OrbxDirect until you need them.

4 hours ago, simdown42 said:

Just noticed I won't be able to download product without installing FTX Central 3. Is this what you mean by park the product so it kind of stays in the cloud?

Yes... you can buy now but you need to open a orbx account just like Tim said. You can then buy.

Install FTX Central 3 at a later time for when your ready to install.

The FTX account and FTX central 3 are bound together.

Not sure why you holding off on this as the process is simple and the only issues I have seen are just from people not following the initial instructions. 

Thanks RHaas. I'm holding off because there are over 3000 posts reporting problems with FTX Central three and download speeds.I can't imagine that the majority of these people didn't follow the instructions. The developers are working on a new version 3 to try to address these problems. I'll think about it then.

Cheers

simdown42

Thats quite incorrect actually, going off the FTXCv3 download stats the vast majority are silently downloading, using and enjoying the new system, myself and the team included

We actually have a very very small fraction of our customer base with any issues, and those that do...we are working hard behind the scenes at resolving, with an update due out very soon

Kind regards, Tim

30 minutes ago, simdown42 said:

Thanks RHaas. I'm holding off because there are over 3000 posts reporting problems with FTX Central three and download speeds.I can't imagine that the majority of these people didn't follow the instructions.

Wow, I can. 

Sure, some of these posts were people that actually had issues (some read the instructions, others didn't), and the rest were people like you that were afraid of the unknown.  The overwhelming majority went smoothly, and although many here posted positive feedback and voiced some appreciation, I am sure the majority posted little or nothing. 

For my part, honestly, I had less trouble with FTX Central upgrade than I did with Windows 10.

Flawed logic that will cost you savings, in my opinion, but it's up to you. 

Thanks all

I'm  74 years old and a bit slow to take on new things but after what Tim just said I'm going to take the plunge. I just bought Germany North and the purchase went smooth as silk. I'm downloading a zip manually at a my maximum speed so no hassles there. When i install FTX 3 can I just use that zip to install?Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

4 minutes ago, simdown42 said:

Thanks all

I'm  74 years old and a bit slow to take on new things but after what Tim just said I'm going to take the plunge. I just bought Germany North and the purchase went smooth as silk. I'm downloading a zip manually at a my maximum speed so no hassles there. When i install FTX 3 can I just use that zip to install?Thanks

Cheers

simdown42

When you go to install it with FTXCv3, choose 'Installation options', then tick 'Install from my manually downloaded zip', browse to the zip, and press continue

oBiO7UN.jpg

Archived